20866Re: [GenesisRadio] Problems with USB?

  • Ervan Kuhnke
    Aug 15, 2014
      1.1 maybe that"s not the latest ... I thought it was but heck its new to me... I will look at the web site and recheck..

      On 8/15/2014 10:37 PM, 'Bruce KF1Z' kf1z@... [GenesisRadio] wrote:

      What version of GSDR did you install ?

      Hopefully the newest version....

      21022014

      And hopefully you followed the installation instructions when you copied the update zipfile into
      the install folder, and allowed windows to overwrite the files??

      bruce

      Sent: Friday, August 15, 2014 7:30 PM
      Subject: Re: [GenesisRadio] Problems with USB?

      On 8/15/2014 10:21 PM, kc4bje@... [GenesisRadio] wrote:

      Bruce,

      stage 5 is completed! after scrounging up a second 220 ohm 1/4 watt resistor out of the Junk box... (measured exactly 220 ohms older carbon /tan style) and installing it as R9R... All the voltages check out and when I bring up the Genesis software if connects to the USB OK.. But if I click on about ... It reports the serial number as 3 instead of 30.. I then tried to reload the firmware and reset the serial number to 30 seen to work ... if I ask it to read the serial number it displays 30...   But if you go back to the Genesis SDR to about it reports sn 3.

      Also does not receive a signal or display one in the scope window and will not let me move up and down outside of the set frequency... No sure itf this means much but the earlier pre-amp voltage measurement was about 2 volts low ... but test seem to behave like the description of the test..

      Before the receiver was built it was fine I wounder if I corrupted the firmware in stage 4 but I don't recall seeing any errors till after the receiver was built.

      I tried looking at the connection on the computer plunging it in and out different ports and noticed some garbage in the report of the connection.. using USB view ie

      Device Descriptor:bcdUSB:             0x0110bDeviceClass:         0x00bDeviceSubClass:      0x00bDeviceProtocol:      0x00bMaxPacketSize0:      0x40 (64)idVendor:           0xFFFEidProduct:          0x1970bcdDevice:          0x0030iManufacturer:        0x010x0409: "YT7PWR"iProduct:             0x020x0409: "Genesis G59f"iSerialNumber:        0x030x0409: "0030ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ"bNumConfigurations:   0x01

      Not sure what that means I did see some different garbage on the same line on occasion but the string of "Y" shows up and you notice it reports line 30.. I suspect this is why sn 3 may be showing up instead of 30..

      My counter works fine on the latter stages for measuring the frequency..as described in a earlier email I have never been able to get a measurement..on the 16MHz clock ...  I thought perhaps the amplitude of the clock was too weak for my Fluke 1910A to detect it.

      In K5RD doc he mentions something about losing the USB communication and replacing C1P and C2p (22pf) with 15 pf caps to get oscillation of of the 16 MHz clock.

      Should I try this.. or do you think its something else?

      Any suggestions ? I really appreciate any help you can give me...

      Erv

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic