MGM-Mixed Celebrity: Lisa Tucker

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006

      Mixed-Race Celebrity: Lisa Tucker

      Lisa Tucker

      Lisa Tucker is of MGM-Mixed lineage and BOTH
      of her parents are of MGM-Mixed lineage as well.

      Tucker's mother is of Afro-Belizean descent
      and her father is of Afro-American descent.

      Ms. Tucker is one of the youngest individuals to
      have ever made it to the `top finalist' level of the
      `American Idol' singing competition / television show.

      Lisa was raised in Anaheim , California by
      her parents -- Stanley and Eleanor Tucker.

      Lisa Tucker starred as the original "Young Nala" in the Los Angeles
      production of Disney's `The Lion King' when she was 10 years old.
      At 13 years old, Lisa successfully auditioned for
      'Star Search', eventually making it to the finals.
      She has performed at numerous city events in Anaheim
      such as the Mayor's Prayer Breakfast and Flag Day events.
      Tucker is currently a senior at Kennedy
      High School in Anaheim, California .

      Her Idol profile revealed that Tucker plays electric guitar
      and is a fan of Mixed-Race late musician
      Jimi Hendrix.
      In 2005, she auditioned for season five of American
      Idol
      in Denver , Colorado with a song she also sang on
      Star Search, "One Moment In Time" by Whitney Houston.
      Judge Simon Cowell said she was the best
      16 year-old to ever audition for the show.
      Later, the judges made a
      unanimous decision
      to put her through to the season's final 24

      She is now back in high school and has been named
      Homecoming Queen for the class of 2006 at her school.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Tucker
      http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/lisa_tucker/
      http://www.accesshollywood.com/americanidol/8359172/detail.html

      ACRONYM KEY:

      MGM-Mixed=Multi-Generational Multiracially-Mixed
      FGM-Mixed=First-Generational Multiracially-Mixed

    • Briana Mays
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2006
        i knew that gurl was mixed!!!!!!!!! i was like she reppin well but then they took her off i was like  lol, yez, anyways jus had to put mah 2 cents in........ anybody here like billie holiday? jus curious. well much luvn, Briana

[...]

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • Almond Eyez
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5, 2006
          Maybe its me, but she sorta resembles Aaliyah.

          Mixed-Race Celebrity: Lisa Tucker

          [Lisa Tucker] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lisat.jpg>

          <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimi_Hendrix> .

[...]

        • Brittany Link

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 7, 2006
                American Idol finalist – Lisa Tucker – scheduled to
                guest star on television show known as `The O.C.'
                .

                "Ex-'Idol' Goes to Prom in 'The O.C.'
                Lisa Tucker will guest on April 27 episode
                April 5 2006 / LOS ANGELES --

                Lisa Tucker, American Idol

                Lisa Tucker's time on "American Idol" is done,
                but she's not disappearing from FOX completely.
                The 16-year-old will make a guest appearance on "The O.C." in a few weeks as the show tackles
                that touchstone of high-school life -- and TV shows about kids in high school -- the prom.
                Per FOX, Tucker will "return to Orange County just in time to attend Harbor School's Senior Prom."
                She's scheduled to shoot her scenes on the episode, titled "The Party
                Favor," next week. The episode is scheduled to air Thursday, April 27.
                Tucker is, in fact, from the O.C. -- Anaheim, to be specific -- and is a senior in high school.
                While this appears to be her first non-"Idol" TV credit, she does have some acting experience.
                She played the young Nala in the Los Angeles production of "The Lion King."
                Tucker was a strong performer in the early rounds of
                "American Idol," sailing through to the final 12 with relative ease.
                Once there, though, she struggled some, landing in the bottom three each of the three weeks.
                She was eliminated last week after singing a cover of
                original Idol Kelly Clarkson's song "Because of You."
                In case you were wondering, Tucker is the second former "American Idol" contestant
                to appear on "The O.C." Ashley Hartman, a semifinalist in season two of "Idol,"
                did a handful of guest spots on the drama in 2003."
                http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-lisatucker-theoc,0,7993285.story?coll=zap-tv-headlines
                http://www.celebrityspider.com/news/april06/article040506-10.html

                Lisa Tucker Interviews:

                Tucker: The Teen and her Dream
                American Idol- Lisa Tucker Photo

                Lisa, the latest to get the boot on ''American Idol,''
                explains to EW's Jessica Shaw why she sang ''Because of
                You,'' why Paris was bawling, and more

                Okay, so maybe it wasn't the smartest idea to sing a
                smash hit by the most successful American Idol winner ever.
                Sixteen-year-old Lisa Tucker learned that lesson the hard way when she got sent
                packing after her rendition of Kelly Clarkson's ''Because of You'' fell flat this week.
                Not that you'll hear this perennially cheery high school senior singing any sob songs about it.

                Entertainment Weekly chatted with Lisa about what went wrong.

                EW:
                Were you nervous about Kelly Clarkson comparisons
                when you chose to sing ''Because of You''?

                LISA TUCKER:
                I definitely thought of that, but I didn't want to keep
                ''what if''-ing myself because I think I would have gone insane.
                I knew what I was doing. I wanted a big, belty song.
                I thought of all the risks, but I thought, I'm just going to go for it.
                I just wanted to go out there and sing it.

                How on earth did you smile through finding out you got the boot?
                I promised myself I wasn't going to hang my head low.
                I was really so proud of everything I had accomplished,
                so I was honestly prepared for anything that was going to come.

                Did it get any easier being called to the middle of the
                stage in the bottom three on your third time around?

                No — every time they call your name your stomach drops a little bit.

                Did you get to talk to the judges after the show?
                Yeah, they came up on stage afterwards. Randy and
                Paula were saying I've got a long career ahead of me.
                Simon said I have one of the best voices on the show and he sees
                me as one of the people who is going to have a strong career.
                That meant a lot, because he didn't have to say that.

                What did you think of his criticism that you were acting too old for your age?
                I get that people think I'm older than I am, but that's just how I always am.
                When I'm out with my friends I'm like that too. I get that a lot, that I'm an old soul.

                Simon was pretty harsh on you at times these past few weeks.
                How did you stand up there without bursting into tears?

                It's not worth it.
                That's the way I look at it.
                This is just a person like me, like anyone.
                Everyone has their own opinion.
                There could be someone sitting at home thinking, Oh, she's horrible.
                It's a little different because someone is saying it to your face
                on national TV, but I can take it or leave it, and he's just a person.

                I hear the whole gang goes out to dinner on Wednesday nights.
                What happened there?

                Yeah... It's turned into this really nice dinner we all have.
                Everyone goes around and says something nice about you.
                And then afterwards we all went back to our apartments
                and me and Paris hung out and talked.

                Who did you go to for advice on song choice and things like that?
                You can really talk about anything with the other contestants.
                Of course, I turned to my mom. I always wanted her opinion.
                But it's always your decision because you have to get up there and sing it.

                Were there two camps — the under-18 kids, being you, Paris, and
                Kevin, and the rest of the kids, most of whom are in their late 20s?

                Not at all.
                Everyone kind of meshed together.
                There was always someone there you could turn to for a shoulder if you needed it.

                I'm amazed none of the Idol producers found
                clips of you
                from Star Search. How was Star Search compared to Idol?

                Totally different.
                So many people watch American Idol.
                You can walk down the street and everyone knows what it is.
                But Star Search helped me prepare for getting criticism.

                The mayor of Anaheim , Curt Pringle, went political on your
                behalf and encouraged his constituents to vote for you.
                How did that happen?

                It's kind of funny.
                I've been singing for my school and he's been at some of those school-district functions.
                I've met the mayor before. He's always been a fan.
                I'm going to ask him if he voted for me.

                Who will you be voting for now?
                No, I can't do it. I could never choose.
                I would have to vote for everybody.

                Did you give yourself any kind of consolation prize today?
                I haven't yet, but that sounds like a great idea.
                I'm going to talk to my parents about that.
                I think we're definitely going to have to be making some trips to the mall soon.

                http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1178545_3_0_,00.html

                American Idol 3/30/06: Interview with Lisa Tucker
                With a big smile and a penchant for rock music, little Lisa Tucker was a
                surprisingly quiet but powerful little package, and one of the judge's early favorites.
                In a season with more young performers than any other, this sixteen year old from Anaheim, California, wowed
                everyone with her strong vocals, causing Simon to crown her the most talented sixteen year old he'd ever heard.
                Sadly, it wasn't enough to save her, but she did make it far enough for the summer tour.
                In her interview, she talks about her excitement over the tour, her friendship with Paris,
                her quiet demeanor, and what she thought about her risky song choice, "Because of You".

                Q: Good morning, Lisa.
                A: Hi.

                Q: So were you completely taken by surprise that you got voted off last night?
                A: I was prepared for anything that was going to happen, so I just took it in stride.
                I knew that I was going to be okay whether or not I was going home.

                Q: How did you deal with
                the judge's constant criticism that everything you sang
                seemed too old for you?
                A: It was tough, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
                I respected their opinion.
                They are just a person telling me what they think, and that's
                the way I have to look at it.
                Q: Now you seemed so at peace last night.
                Why was that?
                Is that just your personality?
                A: That's pretty much—I'm a pretty optimistic person I guess.
                I was just prepared for whatever was going to come.
                I knew that either you're number one or everyone is going to have their time
                where they go, so I just have to be satisfied with how far I've gotten.

                Q: Now you seemed to handle the judge's negative criticism well.
                But did their negative comments make each performance more difficult, especially after their earlier positive reinforcement?
                A: Not really.
                Of course you always want to get good comments from the judges, but you can't please everybody.
                I think I would really go insane if I tried to please everyone.
                You can try all you want, but it's not going to happen.
                The point was that I wanted to feel good about myself after my performance, and I really, really did.

                Q:Simon said last night that he wasn't surprised at the bottom three and he kind
                of thought anyone could have been in the bottom three from Tuesday night.
                What do you think?
                What's your take on that?
                A: He's very, very right in the fact that it could be anybody.
                The show is so unpredictable and you really have to vote for your favorite
                to stay in the game, because everyone is so good and America just has to vote.

                Q: So you weren't necessarily shocked at the outcome last night?
                A: I was just prepared for anything that was going to come.

                Q: When Randy says, "Pick better songs," do you really think he's saying pick a song that I like better?
                A: I don't know. You always take everything the judges say and you want to please them.
                That's a very funny question because when I hear him say that I just want to say, "What song?"
                But it's really the songs that you feel comfortable with.
                And you have to; those are the songs you have to do.

                Q: Did you ever wish that the judges would pick the songs for you instead of the other way around
                considering some of the comments they've starting making about that wasn't such a good song?
                A: I guess in that case you'd get better comments form the judges, but I
                don't know, I don't think I'd feel as comfortable performing that.

                Q: Is it true that the performances sound different in the theater and on a TV playback?
                When you watched your performances on the playback, what did you think?
                A: I think it's not the difference in sound or anything.
                I think it's just the hype of being in the theater and the big audience and everything, it just really hypes you up.
                But I watched my performance back that night and to be honest I was really, really happy with it.

                Q: So Simon started out saying that you were the best 16-year old ever that he had seen sing.
                And then he kind of turned cold to you even when you nailed it.
                What do you think kind of changed his mind?
                What do you think that thing was?
                A: To be honest I really, really don't know.
                All I could do was go out and do my best every week and that's what I tried to do.
                I guess it's just his opinion; I really don't know.

                Q: Well some might say that doing the Kelly Clarkson song probably
                contributed to your elimination because it's so recent and people tend to compare.
                So would you advise the remaining Idols against attempting a song previously recorded by an Idol winner?
                A: I really wouldn't say that because the song choice, it was the songs of the 21st
                Century, so everyone was doing songs that people knew and everything like that.
                But if that's the song that you're feeling just go for it.

                Q: How do people treat you differently now that you'd been featured on the show?
                A: I don't get out much, to be honest, and I haven't been out much since I've been on the show.
                I'm sure it's going to be really different once I get back to school next week.
                Just from what I've noticed walking outside, it's people pointing and coming to ask for autographs,
                and that's always cool. I'm not sure how the people I really know, know well are going to react.

                Q: And the second part. I guess here's your chance, so to speak, now you're off the show.
                Do you want to tee off or vent, express your frustrations about any
                of the judges, your fellow contestants or even the call-in voters?
                A: Oh, not at all.
                I just appreciate everyone that did vote.
                And the contestants, we're like one family.
                You wouldn't think it was a competition the way we act
                towards each other; we're just like brother and sisters.
                And the judges have been wonderful, so I can't complain.

                Q: You seem to be so much more reserved than some of the other contestants.
                Do you feel like we saw the real Lisa on the show?
                A: Definitely.
                Seriously, this is how I am all the time.
                Even going out with my friends, I'm always the one like, "Hey guys."
                I'm always smiling and optimistic.
                It's pretty much just how I am.
                Q: What is the next step for you?
                I read from one of your interviews that you are planning to continue with college.
                Did you plan on taking a particular major already?
                A: No, no particular major.
                I definitely want to go to college and I want to continue my singing career.
                Who knows; maybe get into some TV and movie stuff.
                Who knows, you know?

                Q: I wanted to find out from you with this whole experience
                can you kind of tell us a couple of your best memories?
                A: Definitely that first day in Denver walking into the room and seeing the judges.
                That was one of the biggest memories that I have.
                And just having Simon say that I was one of the best
                16-year olds on the show, that just meant so much to me.
                Just all the memories of the contestants and just hanging out.
                But definitely I would have to say being out on stage and just being
                watched my millions of people just gives me the greatest feeling.

                Q: I think a lot of people were really shocked with you
                being so young how well you handled the pressure.
                Did it go through your mind that like 35 million
                people are watching when you got on stage?
                How did you cope with that?
                A: As soon as you go out on stage your heart kind of sinks
                and then you know that all those people are watching.
                Although I get some nerves throughout my body, it's a good feeling.
                It's kind of weird to explain; it's a good feeling though.

                Q: Being so young, were you prepared if you had won this?
                A: Oh, yes.
                Definitely.
                I definitely take everything in stride and I was ready for whatever was going to come.

                Q: Afterwards do you get any sort of like debriefing or something like on how to handle
                everything you're going to be dealing with now that you're kind of the Idol cocoon?
                A: Kind of. I've been prepping for it as long as I've been an Idol.

                Q: How is your mom doing?
                A: She's great, actually.

                Q: After Simon told you that you were the best 16-year old they'd ever seen, did you feel a lot of pressure going in?
                A: My first inkling was, "Oh my gosh, thank you so much."
                But then I definitely knew there were going to be expectations and everything, but that's regardless.
                If he said it or not, I would have expectations for myself. I'm probably my biggest critic.

                Q: On Tuesday night the judges came back with you and with so many singers about song choice.
                Do you as singers, you and the group, is that clear what they are looking for or is that a confusing thing—
                A: Not really.

                Q: Not really clear?
                A: Not really clear.
                We were all like, "Okay, what does that mean?'
                But you can't please everybody and I just try to go out and do what makes me feel good.
                That's all you can really do.

                Q: Does somebody give you advice on picking songs in advance?
                A: No, it's pretty much up to you.

                Q: Oh, okay. Do they give you a list or do you—
                A: You kind of give your suggestions and you try to clear it and it's just that process.

                Q: But sometimes they tell people, "Well, that's not daring enough."
                Then they'll say, "Oh, that's too far.
                Too much of a reach for you," which means it's too daring
                and it seems like you kind of get caught in the middle sometimes.
                A: Yes.
                There are so many voices telling you, "Do this. Do this."
                There is a lot of that, but you just have to do what you're comfortable with.

                Q: And you were happy with your choices overall throughout the competition?
                A: Definitely.

                Q:Do you think song choice is as important as the judges seem to make it sound?
                A: Oh yes.
                There was a question saying do you think that if the judges picked your song that would be better.
                Their comments would be better because they picked the
                songs, but would you feel as comfortable singing it?
                I'm not sure about that.

                Q: What were the other songs you considered before choosing Because of You?
                A: There was a Gavin Degras song and I was just thinking of that.
                It was just a list of songs and I just came right back to Because of You.

                Q: Was there a reason to that?
                A: I just wanted to do a really big, belty song, and that's the one I wanted to do.

                Q: Throughout the competition what is the best piece of advice you have received?
                A: Just stay true to who you are, because there are going to be so many people
                saying you should be this or do this, and you just can't listen to everybody.

                Q: And the last question is being the youngest in the
                competition, did you think that it worked against you?
                A: Not at all.
                I don't think age really plays a factor in it.
                It's just what America vtes for and that's it.

                Q:
                So now that you're getting back to kind of some normalcy in your life, are you going to go to prom?
                I hear you have a boyfriend.
                A: Yes, I'm going to go.

                Q: Very nice.
                Do you think you're going to sing at the prom or have you picked out a dress yet or anything?
                A: Oh, not at all.
                I haven't had time to do all that.

                Q: Lastly, what do you think is coming up for you in the future?
                What can we expect from you?
                A: I'm just going to continue singing and hopefully get into TV and movies and stuff like that.
                I just want to try everything out.
                The tour is this summer.

                Q: You're such a pro at joining all the talent and singing competitions since you were a kid.
                You're only 16; do you consider actually joining American Idol again?
                A: After you make the top 24 you can't do it again.

                Q: You are so mature for your age.
                How did you keep your cool being in the bottom three so many times whereas people like Ace, Bucky
                and Katherine, they always looked like they were going to throw up and you were just smiling through it.
                So how did you manage to pull that off?
                A: Honestly I really don't know. I thought there was no reason to be sad.
                Maybe a little disappointed, but no reason to be sad because I was so proud of how far
                I've come and not very many people can say they made the top ten of American Idol.

                Q: Lisa, what's the best part and also the worst part of being on American Idol?
                A: The best part is being able just to perform and in front of so many people.
                It's such an opportunity.
                As I said on the show, I was at home last year on my couch watching
                this show and now I was on it and seen by millions of people.
                So that's definitely the up side.
                I guess the downside is it definitely takes you away from whatever
                you were doing at the time, but that is no way on the same level.

                Q: It kind of interrupts your life but well worth the interruption.
                A: Definitely.

                Q: And finally, what would be your advice for future American Idol contestants or want to be contestants?
                A: Don't think that, "Oh, I can't do it," or anything like that.
                Just go for it.
                Because really you have nothing to lose.
                That's the way I looked at it.
                I'm at a better place than I was before I did American Idol, so I can't complain.

                Q: Let's do a Lisa can have whatever she wants question.
                Pretend I'm Clive or the producer of the Idol tour that's coming up.
                You can pick any song you want to sing on the tour and on the CD
                that's coming up—don't have to be the same song. Pick some songs.
                A: That is tough.
                You know, I really don't know.
                I'd probably do the first song that I performed on American Idol; I did I Am Changing.
                I love that song and I love performing it, so that would definitely be one of them.

                Q: Now would that be CD our on the tour?
                A: Oh, either, both.

                Q: Okay. Again, this is a Lisa gets whatever she wants.
                Say I walked up to you right now, I have lots of money and I
                think you're fabulous and I say, "We can do any project you want.
                It can be a musical like Lion King, it can be a record deal, it can be
                a reality show based on you." Tell me what you would like to have.
                A: A record deal. Definitely, definitely. That's what I've wanted since I was little.

                Q: You had some really cute outfits throughout the competition.
                It seemed like you had a lot of fun picking it out.
                I'm wondering if you could talk about that process a little bit?
                If you worked with a stylist, like with your stylist in your regular life?
                A: You know, it's kind of funny.
                My style is exactly the style that I had on the show.
                I didn't change at all. I'm totally about the bright colors and the skinny leg jeans and the pumps; I'm totally like that.
                The stylist just helped me find things that were just really cute and that fit me well. It was so much fun.

                Q: Do you guys share a stylist or how does that work on the show?
                A: Yes, there are about two on the show and they take us out all on our own.

                Q: And do you have any closing remarks, Lisa?
                A: No, I just want to say thank you to everybody.

                Big thanks to FOX for granting us access to the contestants this season. Good luck, Lisa!"
                http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53305

                http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/lisa_tucker/

                Lisa Tucker Profiles:

                http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1178545_3_0_,00.html