Re: [Generation-Mixed] Something Old, _______, Something Borrowed, Something Blue!!

  • Li (wiseladyowl)
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13, 2006
      In my opinion it was great! Loved that the guy was cute and somewhat humble in the picture, that does not happen often for women of color. Loved that he wanted to see her hair, but not the fact that she was not "natural". That! would have been a statement seeing a white guy who looks like that pick a black woman with her hair au naturel. But all in all, they did a fantastic job will definitely buy this one.

      Hi Everybody,

      Recently I saw the interracial-romance film 'Something New'
      and -- I have to say that -- I am highly recommending it!!  =D>

      The film 'Something New' is an absolute 'must see'!

      Sanaa Lathan and Simon Baker star in Focus Features' Something New

      Although there were occasional parts, scenes and 'subplots' which I either did
      not approve of or agree with -- overall it was, in my opinion, an excellent film.
      Simon Baker and Sanaa Lathan in Focus Features' Something New
      Sanaa Lathan in Focus Features' Something New
      Simon Baker in Focus Features' Something New

      It was also nice to see an interracial-romance film from the perspective a person who
      was both non-white and a woman (two views that are rarely presented in film).:-?
      Sanaa Lathan and Simon Baker in Focus Features' Something New

      If anyone else here has seen this film -- I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. :)

      -- M

      Yahoo! Mail