Re: [Generation-Mixed] New Member

    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 13 1:42 AM
      Hey Lynn, I had no idea you were so cute ;)

      wintyreeve@... wrote:
      Hello Briana :)

      Welcome to Generation Mixed! I am so glad to have you as part of the "family". --Being so young, and already so aware is a blessing, and I am excited to see what you do with your knowledge & insight.

      My father's side of the family is from Alabama I love Alabama, and would live there if I could. Hehe Then again I would gain 100 pounds from eating all the food... When I drove closer to Selma, on those rural roads, I felt such a sense of home, a sense that I was where I belonged. I am still finding lost relatives, and tracing my family history. I feel a strong purpose in honoring my ancestors by remembering their names, and writing their story down.

      Hehe Maybe one day we will bump into each other when I return to Alabama!

      Have a Blessed Day~ Lynn

      PS. My family website is: inourhearts.blogspot.com

      There are some pictures of me & my family posted in the December archives :)

      Yahoo! Mail

      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 13 3:56 PM
        Hey Creole-

        Hehe...You should have seen me before I was on "Extreme Make Over"! Thankfully, Dr. Frankenstein's lab did wonder for me (but those pesky bolts in the back of my head get pretty sparky during thunderstorms!).

        Stay Smiling~ Lynn
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 13 4:17 PM
          Those aren't bolts - they are accessories ;)

          wintyreeve@... wrote:
          Hey Creole-

          Hehe...You should have seen me before I was on "Extreme Make Over"! Thankfully, Dr. Frankenstein's lab did wonder for me (but those pesky bolts in the back of my head get pretty sparky during thunderstorms!).

          Stay Smiling~ Lynn

        • K
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 21, 2006
            Hi guys,

            I'm Kieran and I'm new to the group. I'm looking forward
            to getting to know everyone. Thanks for the invitation!

            Take care,

            ~K.
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 21, 2006
              Hi Kieran ,

              Welcome to 'Gen-Mixed'! :)

              We are so
              glad to have you here and to see
              that you have decided to become a part of our
              online community
              and become a 'Gen-Mixer'.=D>

              This is a great group; we are sure you will have the
              chance to meet a lot of fantastic new friends here;
              and we look forward to hearing more from you!! ;;)

              Welcome again -- and have a great day!!!

              --M

                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 21, 2006
                  Yes, it is, welcome again, Kieran!!!

                  Lynne

                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 22, 2006
                    Thanks for the invite into the group.

                    Alicia
                  • tlbaker1
                    Message 9 of 19 , Nov 22, 2006

                      Welcome, Alicia, this is a great group!

                      Lynne

                      From: Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com
                      Message 10 of 19 , Nov 22, 2006

                        Hi Alicia,

                        Welcome to 'Gen-Mixed'! :)

                        We are so
                        glad
                        to see that you have decided
                        to become a part of our online community.=D>

                        This is a great group; we look forward to hearing more
                        from you; and we are sure you will have the chance
                        to meet a lot of fantastic new friends here!! ;;)

                        Welcome again Alicia -- and have a great day!!!

                        Message 11 of 19 , Nov 22, 2006
                          Welcome Kieran,

                          Hope you enjoy the group! Glad to have you!

                          Blessings, Lynn

                          "Life is the Sacred Mystery singing to itself,
                          dancing to its drum,
                          telling tales,
                          improvising,
                          playing,
                          and we are all that Spirit,
                          our stories all
                          but one cosmic story..."

                          --Manitongquat
                        • Alicia
                          Message 12 of 19 , Nov 23, 2006
                            Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!

                            Alicia

                            Hi Alicia,

                            Welcome to 'Gen-Mixed'! :)

                            We are so
                            glad
                            to see that you have decided
                            to become a part of our online community.=D>

                            This is a great group; we look forward to hearing more
                            from you; and we are sure you will have the chance
                            to meet a lot of fantastic new friends here!! ;;)

                            Welcome again Alicia -- and have a great day!!!

                            --M

                            In Generation-Mixed@ yahoogroups. com,
                            Alicia <aliciaalexander08@ ...> wrote:

                            Thanks for the invite into the group.

                            Alicia

                            ALICIA SANDOVAL-ALEXANDER

                          • Alicia
                            Message 13 of 19 , Nov 23, 2006
                              Thanks Lynne!  Looks as if I will enjoy chatting w/ everyone.
                              Happy Thanksgiving
                              Alicia

                              From: Generation-Mixed@ yahoogroups. com
                              Message 14 of 19 , Dec 11, 2006
                                ~~~WELCOME, Fiona!!!~~~ Hope you enjoy the group! I think you will=)
                                It's a good one, with many nice and intelligent people! By the way...
                                my name is Heather, and I'm still working on my ethnic background
                                (I look white, but am mixed with something... I know=). Take care!!!
                                Message 15 of 19 , Dec 11, 2006
                                  Welcome Fiona,

                                  Just want to send a friendly greeting :) I hope you enjoy Generation Mixed, and I look forward to chatting with you.

                                  Blessings~ Lynn

                                  May the road rise to meet you,
                                  May the wind be always at your back,
                                  May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                                  The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
                                  Until we meet again,
                                  May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
                                • tlbaker
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Dec 13, 2006

                                    welcome, Fiona, have a great trip!

                                    Lynne

                                    From: Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jan 25, 2009
                                      Hi All,

                                      Thanks to owner for inviting me to join this site. I am a writer of
                                      African American background. My books wide ranging, from historical
                                      romances to western to modern mainstream single titles releases. Over
                                      the years I've written about characters from many different ethnic,
                                      racial and national backgrounds. I look forward to getting to know
                                      other members of this group.

                                      Laura
                                      www.lauracastoro.com
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jan 25, 2009

                                        Hi Laura,

                                        Welcome to the group!!!

                                        It is so exciting to see that you have decided to
                                        become a part of the 'Gen-Mixed' online community.

                                        Also -- I just wanted to say that your recently published
                                        essay commenting on the MLK holiday was fantastic
                                        and it looks like your other works all cover topics
                                        that will be of much interest to group members
                                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Generation-Mixed/message/3847  .

                                        Welcome again,

                                        -- AP

                                        http://www.lauracastoro.com