Re: [Generation-Mixed] New Member

    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 12, 2006
      Hello Briana :)

      Welcome to Generation Mixed! I am so glad to have you as part of the "family". --Being so young, and already so aware is a blessing, and I am excited to see what you do with your knowledge & insight.

      My father's side of the family is from Alabama I love Alabama, and would live there if I could. Hehe Then again I would gain 100 pounds from eating all the food... When I drove closer to Selma, on those rural roads, I felt such a sense of home, a sense that I was where I belonged. I am still finding lost relatives, and tracing my family history. I feel a strong purpose in honoring my ancestors by remembering their names, and writing their story down.

      Hehe Maybe one day we will bump into each other when I return to Alabama!

      Have a Blessed Day~ Lynn

      PS. My family website is: inourhearts.blogspot.com

      There are some pictures of me & my family posted in the December archives :)

        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 13, 2006
          Hey Creole-

          Hehe...You should have seen me before I was on "Extreme Make Over"! Thankfully, Dr. Frankenstein's lab did wonder for me (but those pesky bolts in the back of my head get pretty sparky during thunderstorms!).

          Stay Smiling~ Lynn
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 13, 2006
            Those aren't bolts - they are accessories ;)

            wintyreeve@... wrote:
            Hey Creole-

            Hehe...You should have seen me before I was on "Extreme Make Over"! Thankfully, Dr. Frankenstein's lab did wonder for me (but those pesky bolts in the back of my head get pretty sparky during thunderstorms!).

            Stay Smiling~ Lynn

          • K
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 21, 2006
              Hi guys,

              I'm Kieran and I'm new to the group. I'm looking forward
              to getting to know everyone. Thanks for the invitation!

              Take care,

              ~K.
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 21, 2006
                Hi Kieran ,

                Welcome to 'Gen-Mixed'! :)

                We are so
                glad to have you here and to see
                that you have decided to become a part of our
                online community
                and become a 'Gen-Mixer'.=D>

                This is a great group; we are sure you will have the
                chance to meet a lot of fantastic new friends here;
                and we look forward to hearing more from you!! ;;)

                Welcome again -- and have a great day!!!

                --M

                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 21, 2006
                    Yes, it is, welcome again, Kieran!!!

                    Lynne

                    Message 9 of 19 , Nov 22, 2006
                      Thanks for the invite into the group.

                      Alicia
                    • tlbaker1
                      Message 10 of 19 , Nov 22, 2006

                        Welcome, Alicia, this is a great group!

                        Lynne

                        From: Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com
                        Message 11 of 19 , Nov 22, 2006

                          Hi Alicia,

                          Welcome to 'Gen-Mixed'! :)

                          We are so
                          glad
                          to see that you have decided
                          to become a part of our online community.=D>

                          This is a great group; we look forward to hearing more
                          from you; and we are sure you will have the chance
                          to meet a lot of fantastic new friends here!! ;;)

                          Welcome again Alicia -- and have a great day!!!

                          Message 12 of 19 , Nov 22, 2006
                            Welcome Kieran,

                            Hope you enjoy the group! Glad to have you!

                            Blessings, Lynn

                            "Life is the Sacred Mystery singing to itself,
                            dancing to its drum,
                            telling tales,
                            improvising,
                            playing,
                            and we are all that Spirit,
                            our stories all
                            but one cosmic story..."

                            --Manitongquat
                          • Alicia
                            Message 13 of 19 , Nov 23, 2006
                              Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!

                              Alicia

                              Hi Alicia,

                              Welcome to 'Gen-Mixed'! :)

                              We are so
                              glad
                              to see that you have decided
                              to become a part of our online community.=D>

                              This is a great group; we look forward to hearing more
                              from you; and we are sure you will have the chance
                              to meet a lot of fantastic new friends here!! ;;)

                              Welcome again Alicia -- and have a great day!!!

                              --M

                              In Generation-Mixed@ yahoogroups. com,
                              Alicia <aliciaalexander08@ ...> wrote:

                              Thanks for the invite into the group.

                              Alicia

                              ALICIA SANDOVAL-ALEXANDER

                            • Alicia
                              Message 14 of 19 , Nov 23, 2006
                                Thanks Lynne!  Looks as if I will enjoy chatting w/ everyone.
                                Happy Thanksgiving
                                Alicia

                                From: Generation-Mixed@ yahoogroups. com
                                Message 15 of 19 , Dec 11, 2006
                                  ~~~WELCOME, Fiona!!!~~~ Hope you enjoy the group! I think you will=)
                                  It's a good one, with many nice and intelligent people! By the way...
                                  my name is Heather, and I'm still working on my ethnic background
                                  (I look white, but am mixed with something... I know=). Take care!!!
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Dec 11, 2006
                                    Welcome Fiona,

                                    Just want to send a friendly greeting :) I hope you enjoy Generation Mixed, and I look forward to chatting with you.

                                    Blessings~ Lynn

                                    May the road rise to meet you,
                                    May the wind be always at your back,
                                    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                                    The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
                                    Until we meet again,
                                    May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
                                  • tlbaker
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Dec 13, 2006

                                      welcome, Fiona, have a great trip!

                                      Lynne

                                      From: Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jan 25, 2009
                                        Hi All,

                                        Thanks to owner for inviting me to join this site. I am a writer of
                                        African American background. My books wide ranging, from historical
                                        romances to western to modern mainstream single titles releases. Over
                                        the years I've written about characters from many different ethnic,
                                        racial and national backgrounds. I look forward to getting to know
                                        other members of this group.

                                        Laura
                                        www.lauracastoro.com
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Jan 25, 2009

                                          Hi Laura,

                                          Welcome to the group!!!

                                          It is so exciting to see that you have decided to
                                          become a part of the 'Gen-Mixed' online community.

                                          Also -- I just wanted to say that your recently published
                                          essay commenting on the MLK holiday was fantastic
                                          and it looks like your other works all cover topics
                                          that will be of much interest to group members
                                          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Generation-Mixed/message/3847  .

                                          Welcome again,

                                          -- AP

                                          http://www.lauracastoro.com