Thanks Gemini--Human Stain

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2006
      Thanks for sending the pics Gemini :)

      RE: I think the family was mixed looking enough to have produced a whiter looking child.  This isn't something uncommon to people of mixed ancestry.

      This is exactly what I am talking about--but then again I may be beating a dead horse? Why was the character of Coleman the ONLY child to have these features and not look at all--not even a little bit--like his siblings?
      I have never seen that happen in a family before--unless one of the children had a different father.
      I did like the family they chose--especially the mother. It really gave me chills when Coleman was talking with his Mother about passing for white, and how he got married...and his mother asked him if she would ever see her grandchildren. And what would he do if his grandchildren had a dark shade of skin--accuse their mother of cheating with a black man?
      The movie DID have some good points but I just couldn't get over the Anthony Hopkins! And maybe I am a bit too dramatic--because I did feel alot distanced from the family, and not understanding certain things that could be elaborated on. Hehe but see how opinionated I am!!

      Blessings~ Ly