Hello

  • sudoangel2000
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 31 3:53 PM
      Just wanted to say thank you for the invitation. I'm looking forward
      to the topics of discussion.
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 31 4:04 PM
        Cool !!!!

        It's great to have you here!!

        Welcome !!!

        In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
        "sudoangel2000" <sudoangel2000@y...> wrote:

        Just wanted to say thank you for the invitation.
        I'm looking forward to the topics of discussion.
      • lenda aranir
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 1, 2005
          Hello to you all.I am lenda ethiopean/african and arab mixed.Thanks
          for the invite.
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 1, 2005
            Welcome Lenda!

            We're glad yo have you here
            and that you've joined us!

            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 1, 2005
              Links on topics which may be of interest
              to multiracials of part-Arab ancestry:

              http://www.aaiusa.org/not_quite_white.htm
              http://www.nathanielturner.com/biglittlewhitelies.htm
              http://www.popmatters.com/features/020910-911.shtml
              http://www.sfbayview.com/071702/whyweowe071702.html
              http://www.reparationsthecure.org/Articles/chehade1.shtml
              http://www.raceandhistory.com/cgi-
              bin/forum/webbbs_config.pl/noframes/read/1380
              http://www.frontpagemag.com/GoPostal/commentdetail.asp?
              ID=2436&commentID=9734

              In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
              "multiracialbookclub" <soaptalk@h...> wrote:

              Welcome Lenda!

              We're glad yo have you here
              and that you've joined us!

              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 1, 2005
                Hello Friends-

                I am not Arab at all but I had an experience a few weeks ago that gave me alot to think about. I went to see a new chiropractor, first time these people ever see me. I walk in the office wearing a head wrap and jeans. I get in the office around 10:30 in the morning. When the secretary is taking my payment she is all smiles, talking about how glad she is that I am early, how she didn't expect me until much later... I am thinking I'm only five minutes early, I surprised myself by not being late but it's not that big of a deal! The secretary registered me in under the name of "Samira". Turns out, Samira was supposed to be in the office at
                4:30 pm!!! Because I wore a wrap over my hair, she assumed I was Muslim and since "Samira" is the only "Muslim sounding" name in her books, I must be her. My real name, Lynn didn't fit the "profile".
                Not only that, while I was waiting in the lobby, I kept getting stared at. The staff made it a point to come up to me on several occasions, although they could do nothing to help me. Again, I was asked my name. Again, pause, stare, Then they would fumble around for an excuse..Do you want tea? Oh, the doctor is so good with his patients! There was no reason for them to come up to me like that.
                I didn't feel sorry for myself. Not at all. I just have a sense of stepping outside of myself for a minute, and really wondering what it is like for Arab-Americans? I live in the Midwest, and within the last 5 years my city has grown so much, become so much more diverse. I know that those who stare are in the minority..and really will be the minority in the near future. I also was thinking about how in my city so many neighborhoods are segregated. People tend to cluster with those in their race or religious group.  Again, those neighborhoods are growing and changing too.
                And then there was a sense of being so naiive...Its one thing for people to look at you as different but Ithis was a different kind of look, more of a suspicion.
                All I know is that I am raising my kids to love who they are, and treat others with respect!

                Blessings, Lynn (GraceofWynn)

                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 7, 2005
                    Related Links of Interest:

                    http://www.colorq.org/MeltingPot/Africa/ArabBlacks.htm
                    http://www.colorq.org/MeltingPot/Asia/Habshi.htm
                    http://www.colorq.org/MeltingPot/Africa/Indians.htm

                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 7, 2005
                      Is anyone familiar with this site or organization
                      http://www.seleda.com/oct01/mystory.shtml

                      The author appears to be of MGM-Mixed East African lineage.

                      "multiracialbookclub" <soaptalk@h...> wrote:

                      Related Links of Interest:
                      http://www.colorq.org/MeltingPot/Africa/ArabBlacks.htm
                      http://www.colorq.org/MeltingPot/Asia/Habshi.htm
                      http://www.colorq.org/MeltingPot/Africa/Indians.htm

                      "lenda aranir" <lendaaranir@y...> wrote:

                      Hello to you all.I am lenda ethiopean/african and arab mixed.
                      Thanks for the invite.
                    • dan rice
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 23, 2006
                        New member. d
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 4, 2006
                          Hi, Lynne=) Thanks for the ~WELCOME!~ I'm glad to be here.
                          There are so many intelligent people here... especially when it
                          comes to the subject of the group! I love that! Have a nice day=)
                          Heather
                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 4, 2006
                            Hi Heather, I can relate to alot of what you wrote in the other email with your bio.

                            For me, the DNA test was a godsend because it helped me make peace with this
                            part of the puzzle - a definition to my difference. I encourage you get one too

                            Regards,
                            Jeff

                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 5, 2006
                              Thanks, Jeff! Good advice=) Ultimately, that's probably my only option...  Heather

                            • Anthony
                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 11, 2007
                                Thank you for the invite

                                Jazz
                                Message 15 of 17 , Mar 13, 2007
                                  Welcome to Generation Mixed Jazz :)

                                  I hope you enjoy the group!

                                  Blessings ~ Lynn (Minnesota)

                                • rubytuesdayfla
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Sep 13, 2007
                                    I just found and joined the group and sayin...Hello :)
                                  • prettycutetk
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Sep 14, 2007
                                      Welcome!

                                      Tia