Re: Hello Generation Mixed Members

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2006
      Welcome to our group Aleksandr -- it's great to have you here! :D

      Aleksandr Vassileyev <aleksandr101@y...> wrote:

      I was researching mixed race people on the net and found this site. I
      have a feeling of connection or identity with mixed race people, even
      though I am not, so far as I know. I have pictures of people from my
      family from many generations back. I often wonder if some of them were
      mulattos. (Or mulattas, as the case may be, since they were the
      females in the family.) There's a link on my profile page if anyone
      would like to have a look. Mixed race people are a very important part
      of our country's history (not to mention the history of other countries
      as well) and they are still a very important part of our world. By the
      way, I find mulatto / mulatta to be a very attractive word, and not the
      slur that some people say it is.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2006
        Welcome Aleksandr!

        I may be stretching it but there may be a good reason why you feel a connection to mixed people. So this is what I think:

        *You have a racially mixed family history. It's not uncommon for mixed people to try to pass as mono-racial or for a part of your history to be lost.

        *You have a "soul" connection to mixed-race people--and there is a purpose for you to be interested. Maybe you will be a teacher or do community work or something that helps others?

        *You are a sensitive, open-minded person who likes to learn about new things or new perspectives. Again, there may be a purpose to this.

        In any case, we are glad to have you :) I look forward to talking with you.

        Blessings~ Lynn