Pierogies, Gnocchi ... and other good stuff

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2006
      Actually – to be honest – I, personally,
      an not "much of a cook" – at all. :)

      The Pierogies I have had have been either at
      ethnic festivals, restaurants or from the frozen
      food isle and are usually potato & cheese
      filled (with either cheddar cheese sauce
      or with marinara sauce as a topping).

      The ones I always have were `boiled' -- and
      were always great – but, now, it sounds to
      me like the `fried' ones would be even better.

      Have you ever got your mother-in-law to try
      Gnocchi with a light Alfredo sauce and capers?

      If not, this may be something she would
      be willing to add when she makes gnocchi.

      It's excellent! :)

      Personally – I am such a `must-have-my-carbs' type of person
      – that I could probably have both pierogies and gnocchi in
      the same meal --- along with bread, rice, and stuffing. LOL

      Dr. Atkins and that South Beach diet guy
      would not appreciate my `love of carbs'.:D

      (Although they may appreciate the fact that I have
      at least always preferred the "complex carbs"
      to the "fast" or "sugary" type of carbs)

      Thanks again for sharing, Lynn.

      Have a great day,

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com, wintyreeve@a... wrote:

      I should forward the story of George Bridgetower
      to Paul Harvey...that would get his name known :)

      Thanks for sharing, this is interesting!

      SO how do you cook your pierogies?

      I like mine fried, when they are slightly crispy...

      Now my mother-in-law like gnocchis, and she eats them plain with
      nothing on them. Ugh! Gnocchis are so starchy when they are plain.
      I prefer pierogies because it has just the
      right texture, and flavor--must be the shape?

      Happy Mixed Day (I celebrate mixed day everyday--grin!!)

      Lynn