Fwd: joan benett vs fredi washington

  • john
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2005
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 28, 2005
        This is what upsets me about Joan Bennet...

        I have looked all over the internet for information about Joan Bennett. One website actually was bragging about Joan Bennett having the background of an upper-class English family while completely ignoring her Creole ancestry. I would say a majority of online articles deny or ignore Joan Bennett's racially mixed background.

        It seems like history is being rewritten...ignoring or excluding Joan Bennett's racially mixed background, and that of her sisters (also famous actresses).
        Joan's grandfather is Morris W. Morris (Lewis Morrison) who was an officer who served in the Civil War and also a well-known actor. Morris W. Morris was born in Jamaica. Again, do a web search--you will find almost no information about him available.

        One link offers an e-mail address of a relative that you could ask questions about the family history: Morris W. Morris

        Joan Bennett wrote a book called "The Bennett Family Playbill".

        There is a lesson to be learned here... How easily it is to erase who you really are. And if we, racially mixed people, keep silent and go along with the pressures to conform to belong to a mono-racial society, the same will happen to us.
        So its good we are taking a stand & talking about these issues.

        Happy Holidays, Lynn
      • john