Re: Hi all

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 25, 2005
      Hi Imran,

      WELCOME to 'Gen-Mixed'!!!

      We are really excited that you found us;
      to have you here; and to see that you've
      decided to join our online community! :D

      My lineage is part-Irish as well!

      A few years ago I visited the U.K. (London) --
      and I just absolutely loved it because the people
      there were just wonderful to me and my family!

      Have a great day and WELCOME again!

      --Moderator

      "Imran" <imransaleem02@y...> wrote:

      Hi there, i`m really glad i`ve found this forum.
      I`m mixed raced (irish/asian)
      born and bred in Manchester, UK.
      It would be great to hear from people who
      share the same trials and tribulations!!
      Merry Christmas to you all!

      Imran
    • Adeline
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 29, 2005
        Hi Imran,

        I also live in the UK, in London.
        I am of multigenerational descent, mixed
        with French and Beninese (west africa).
        I look forward to hearing your stories and commentries.
        Who knows we could meet one of these days to start a mixed project?
        happy holidays,

        adeline

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 30, 2005
          Welcome Imran :)

          You are among friends!

          How is Manchester this time of year? I live in Minnesota, USA. We just got hit by a blizzard and now have 5-6 inches (and still falling!) of snow on the ground.

          Funny story-- I grew up with my Mom and her side of the family because my dad ran off when I was a child. My Mom's side of the family is German, Polish, and French mixtures. The foods I grew up eating were basically hotdish--and tatortot hotdish is a specialty in Minnesota. When I finally reconnected with my dad's side of the family, I went down South to visit--all they ate was soul food--ox tail, rice casserole, cornbread, grits, etc. I was trying to explain what a "hotdish" is and they just looked at me like I came from another planet! I finally made a tatortot hotdish, my cousin was a bit doubtful...but she ended up scarfing down half the pan...

          ITS GREAT TO BE MIXED!

          Blessings, Lynn