Hi all

  • Imran
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 25, 2005
      Hi there, i`m really glad i`ve found this forum. I`m mixed raced
      (irish/asian) born and bred in Manchester, UK. It would be great to
      hear from people who share the same trials and tribulations!! Merry
      Christmas to you all!
      Imran
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 25, 2005
        Hi Imran,

        WELCOME to 'Gen-Mixed'!!!

        We are really excited that you found us;
        to have you here; and to see that you've
        decided to join our online community! :D

        My lineage is part-Irish as well!

        A few years ago I visited the U.K. (London) --
        and I just absolutely loved it because the people
        there were just wonderful to me and my family!

        Have a great day and WELCOME again!

        --Moderator

        "Imran" <imransaleem02@y...> wrote:

        Hi there, i`m really glad i`ve found this forum.
        I`m mixed raced (irish/asian)
        born and bred in Manchester, UK.
        It would be great to hear from people who
        share the same trials and tribulations!!
        Merry Christmas to you all!

        Imran
      • Adeline
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 29, 2005
          Hi Imran,

          I also live in the UK, in London.
          I am of multigenerational descent, mixed
          with French and Beninese (west africa).
          I look forward to hearing your stories and commentries.
          Who knows we could meet one of these days to start a mixed project?
          happy holidays,

          adeline

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 30, 2005
            Welcome Imran :)

            You are among friends!

            How is Manchester this time of year? I live in Minnesota, USA. We just got hit by a blizzard and now have 5-6 inches (and still falling!) of snow on the ground.

            Funny story-- I grew up with my Mom and her side of the family because my dad ran off when I was a child. My Mom's side of the family is German, Polish, and French mixtures. The foods I grew up eating were basically hotdish--and tatortot hotdish is a specialty in Minnesota. When I finally reconnected with my dad's side of the family, I went down South to visit--all they ate was soul food--ox tail, rice casserole, cornbread, grits, etc. I was trying to explain what a "hotdish" is and they just looked at me like I came from another planet! I finally made a tatortot hotdish, my cousin was a bit doubtful...but she ended up scarfing down half the pan...

            ITS GREAT TO BE MIXED!

            Blessings, Lynn