The after mat of katrina in new orleans

  • lenda aranir
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2005
      I am so appauled and shock on how this goverment treat their citizens. I cannot believe what I'm seen on tv. Now they are calling the people refregees. They are not refregees,they are americans. It was so heartbreaking I had to cry. What is america coming to.

      Yahoo! Mail
    • Pamela ZAHM
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2005
        We all know that our government is more concerned with it's agenda than it is with it's citizens...BUT it's citizens are remarkable loving people who will come to the aid of their fellow Americans....Adversity wakes us up and brings us together for the common good....We have had it so good in this country (compared to other countries) for so long that we have taken it for granted.Nothing like sickness to make us really appreciate good health,ya know...? They will rebuild and the mistakes that were made will be noted and hopefully never happen again. Our government is only held accountable IF we the people hold them accountable...It takes all of us, though, coming together, as one, to get the job done...After all ,we are the UNITED states... Pamela

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 6, 2005
            Hey Everyone-

            Did you hear the mayor of Detroit speak?
            He said that will take in people from New Orleans, and that
            they are not "refugees" there are our brothers and sisters.
            He offered 3,000 open hotel rooms & to help put the kids in school.

            As far as the govt is concerned... I keep thinking that this could happen to any of us.
            In my city, the govt decided that the North side needed more police officers.
            Instead of hiring more, they took police officers from my neighborhood and moved them.
            As a reult, crime has went up 44% in my neighborhood!
            So we need to pay attention to campaign promises, and really examine the leadership before we vote.
            And I agree about accounatbility.
            If the leadership is not doing their job, not holding to their promises, we need to take action.
            New Orleans didn't happen because of a hurricane alone...there were alot of other factors involved.
            Did you know that New Orleans used to be called "The Crescent City"?
            The whole city used to be built around the bay, in a
            crescent shape so that no part of it was below sea level.
            Someone on TV also said that it has been known since 1967 that
            the levees could not stand a hurricane higher than level 3.
            In any case-I will be praying.

            :) Lynn
          • jackie brown
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 6, 2005
              Here...the flood of 1997, much was given to the Red Cross...many were still in need all around me...the Red Cross got brand new SUV's.

              Many so called charities, are very top heavy with VP's that make much money, and budget cuts keep services to the needy very low.

              The only color many see in gov...is green.  911, many of those bombed had nice incomes...see what
              is on TV in the New Orleans area...many poor people...the government does not care about those people.

              wintyreeve@... wrote:
[...]

            • Tonya
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 12, 2005
                It is terrible with their delayed reaction. This govt does not care
                about the poor and minorities. The scenes look like those of a third
                world country yet we are one of the richest countries in the world.

                Tonya