Re: hello? -- hello! : D

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2005
      Hi Tanya,

      Welcome!

      We are so glad to have you here and
      to see that you have joined our group!:D

      We look forward to your postings and
      hope that you will find a real feeling
      of community and of 'connection' here.

      There are a number of posts, on both
      Asian and Black admixture (as well
      as others), here that you may find
      to be of particular interest.

      Welcome again and have a great day!

      --M

      "remeigh" <remeigh@y...> wrote:

      Just joined and am introducing myself.

      My name is Tanya and I currently live in Radcliff,
      KY trying to move to Portland, OR. WISH ME LUCK!

      Black father and Korean mother living in an American household
      and loving every bit of the confusion people have when they hear
      my voice (I thought you were white is a comment I get a lot),
      see my father, then catch a glimpse of my mom. Being that
      it is 2005 you would think it wouldn't raise any eyebrows!

      When I am not obsessing over my very lame poetry
      I am trying to find ways to connect with myself.
    • Pamela ZAHM
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2005
        Do you like lots and lots of rain???? If so, than I hope your move comes about....I lived in Portland for awhile, and in Camas ,Washougal area (across the  Columbia from Portland) I returned to my hometown where it is drier..My name is Pamela and I live in Boise,Idaho..Welcome... I had a partner in my Barber business for 8 years that was Korean. She loved to cook HOT foods..Kimchee anyone??? I like hot, but her hot ,,was too hot...Whew...I am of White and American Indian heritage...Again welcome...

        remeigh <remeigh@...> wrote:
        Just joined and am introducing myself.  My name is Tanya and I
        currently live in Radcliff, KY trying to move to Portland, OR.  WISH ME
        LUCK!  Black father and Korean mother living in an American household
        and loving every bit of the confusion people have when they hear my
        voice (I thought you were white is a comment I get a lot), see my
        father, then catch a glimpse of my mom.  Being that it is 2005 you
        would think it wouldn't raise any eyebrows!  When I am not obsessing
        over my very lame poetry I am trying to find ways to connect with
        myself.

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Tonya
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 2005
          Welcome Tanya. Cool. My name is also Tonya but spelled with an o instead.
          I am black, Cherokee with possible Blackfoot ancestry as well.
          People have mistaken me for Asian descent. Not a problem.
          I think Hapas are beautiful people. Hope you enjoy it here.

          Tonya