hello?

  • remeigh
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2 4:59 PM
      Just joined and am introducing myself. My name is Tanya and I
      currently live in Radcliff, KY trying to move to Portland, OR. WISH ME
      LUCK! Black father and Korean mother living in an American household
      and loving every bit of the confusion people have when they hear my
      voice (I thought you were white is a comment I get a lot), see my
      father, then catch a glimpse of my mom. Being that it is 2005 you
      would think it wouldn't raise any eyebrows! When I am not obsessing
      over my very lame poetry I am trying to find ways to connect with
      myself.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2 5:13 PM
        Hi Tanya,

        Welcome!

        We are so glad to have you here and
        to see that you have joined our group!:D

        We look forward to your postings and
        hope that you will find a real feeling
        of community and of 'connection' here.

        There are a number of posts, on both
        Asian and Black admixture (as well
        as others), here that you may find
        to be of particular interest.

        Welcome again and have a great day!

        --M

        "remeigh" <remeigh@y...> wrote:

        Just joined and am introducing myself.

        My name is Tanya and I currently live in Radcliff,
        KY trying to move to Portland, OR. WISH ME LUCK!

        Black father and Korean mother living in an American household
        and loving every bit of the confusion people have when they hear
        my voice (I thought you were white is a comment I get a lot),
        see my father, then catch a glimpse of my mom. Being that
        it is 2005 you would think it wouldn't raise any eyebrows!

        When I am not obsessing over my very lame poetry
        I am trying to find ways to connect with myself.
      • Pamela ZAHM
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2 5:21 PM
          Do you like lots and lots of rain???? If so, than I hope your move comes about....I lived in Portland for awhile, and in Camas ,Washougal area (across the  Columbia from Portland) I returned to my hometown where it is drier..My name is Pamela and I live in Boise,Idaho..Welcome... I had a partner in my Barber business for 8 years that was Korean. She loved to cook HOT foods..Kimchee anyone??? I like hot, but her hot ,,was too hot...Whew...I am of White and American Indian heritage...Again welcome...

          remeigh <remeigh@...> wrote:
          Just joined and am introducing myself.  My name is Tanya and I
          currently live in Radcliff, KY trying to move to Portland, OR.  WISH ME
          LUCK!  Black father and Korean mother living in an American household
          and loving every bit of the confusion people have when they hear my
          voice (I thought you were white is a comment I get a lot), see my
          father, then catch a glimpse of my mom.  Being that it is 2005 you
          would think it wouldn't raise any eyebrows!  When I am not obsessing
          over my very lame poetry I am trying to find ways to connect with
          myself.

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Tonya
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 12 7:33 AM
            Welcome Tanya. Cool. My name is also Tonya but spelled with an o instead.
            I am black, Cherokee with possible Blackfoot ancestry as well.
            People have mistaken me for Asian descent. Not a problem.
            I think Hapas are beautiful people. Hope you enjoy it here.

            Tonya