My review of the book "A Juneteenth Story" on my children's book review blog

  • April Crews
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2012
      Take a look at my post about the holiday Juneteenth, which celebrates when the slaves were freed in Texas in 1865, 2 years after the Emancipation Proclamation was signed - a historical fact that many Americans are unaware of.  If you would like to educate your children on Juneteenth, this is a great book to  do it.

      You can find my review at http://www.100childrensbooks.com.

      Thanks!
      April

      April D. Crews