Re: [Generation-Mixed] Spotlight On ... 'The Chestnut Ridge People' (CRP)

  • Ally3729@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2012
      AOL Email
      This was very nice to read. I had not heard of this information before. Thanks for enlightening us.

       I am 41% Scot-Irish (Haplogroup (I2b1) through my ancestors and 59% West African (Algeria, Bantu, Ethiopia, Cameroon and Sierra Leone)  (L3d)).. I think most of the people in the world are mixed with some other ethnic group and will not admit. But we tested with FTM West Y-DNA, Family Finder and mtDNA projects

      Thanks again for sharing. I really enjoyed reading that information. Like I always say, One can learn something new everyday.

      Alice West-Ferguson
      Greenbelt, MD

    • Kimberly Major
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 2012

        It wasn't until I was 12 years old and some students at my school questioned the long hair of me and my sisters who are fraternal twins. We asked our mother, who is fair, about what the kids questioned about us and that's when we learned that we were Creoles.

        One of the twins and I from then on became very interested in genetics and genealogy.

        What you posted here about the CRP and Melungeons make for interesting history in America.

        Thanks for sharing and enlightening me.
        - Kim

        Sent from my Motorola Xoom tablet