Poem - Dr. Martin Luther King

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 13, 2012
      Here is an amazing poem written by one of our brilliant
      Gen-Mixed community members (Pierre Andre) in honor
      of 'Martin Luther King Jr. Day' (a.k.a. 'Human Rights Day'):

      I Have a Dream

      Dr. Martin Luther King had a dream
      that he dared to dream each day,
      Bringing all the races together
      that no unkind word could chase away.

      That no injustice could weave its web
      around his precious goal,
      That began a mission that consumed his life
      and a purpose that fulfilled his soul.

      Bringing truth to the surface
      for all eyes to see,
      That no one has a right to deprive
      another of their dignity.

      To deprive another human being
      of their humanity and pride,
      For this Truth must ring true
      from every mountain side.

      No one can claim God's world
      and deny it to their brother.
      For we can never know the fruits of happiness
      by hating one another.
      We can never find comfort and Peace
      in hurting each other.

      By using race to separate and divide