Re: any Re: [Generation-Mixed] (Article) 'Zanesville, Ohio: City of Lost Boun...

  • Ally3729@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2011
      AOL Email
      Thanks, Connie. I appreciate the advice. I have another question?

      Which is better to use Ancestry.com or Familysearch? Which is the most updated?
    • Connie Ware-Berg
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2011
        Alice, Ancestry.com is a very good place to find info. But it requires you to sign up with them and pay money to look into this site. Some have helped me that had Ancestry.com and the info they found was what I already had so you can go from there. Some little things are free in ancestry.com but I am not sure just what they are. Now the Family search . com is free. You can go to ancestry.com and check into it if you like but as I mentioned it cost money to join ancestry. Rootsweb.com is another one that is free that you can join for free and post your info and you may find someone looking for the people you are looking for as well. Let me see if I can get in touch with my cousin Ron. I call him cousin for I was looking for my g-gr-mother Rebecca and I found a Rebecca but it was the wrong one. I find that his g-gr-father and my g-gr-mother were brother and sister. That is why I call him cousin Ron. He is familiar with the Zanesville Ohio area and maybe he can help here but I can not say for sure for I have not heard from him in a long time but I will try. As I mentioned befor if your ancester has not been passed for at least 100 years you most likely will not find them on the WWW. It is illeagle for it to be posted before then. A good place to start is to look into the court house in the area where they lived. You can probably get copies of birth, death, marrage, location and ect. If I can help you in any way I am sure willing.  I  can not promice any thing  but I sure will try. :) If you would like you can e-mail me at my e-mail at: