Re: There is no such thing as a "light-skinned Black"

    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 20, 2011

      It often comes as a surprise
      for people to discover that …
      `There is No Such Thing as a
      "Light Skinned Black
      " person'.

      The actual term of "Light Skinned Black"
      is nothing more that a racist oxymoron
      that was coined by racial supremacists

      --- in an effort to try to forcibly deny the
      many `Mixed-Race' people who were / are
      of a Multi-Generational Multiracially-Mixed
      (MGM-Mixed) Ancestral Lineage the right
      TO both embrace (and also receive public
      support in openly acknowledging) the
      physically visible (and obvious)
      FACT of their FULL-ancestry.

      The eugenicists and other racial-supremacists
      created
       a non-scientific, spurious and racist concept
      called the `One-Drop Rule' (ODR) in an effort
      to falsely label any Black bloodlines
      found in a
      Mixed-Race individual's ancestral lineage as being
      both an "inferior" and a "contaminated" "taint"
      that was so "filthy" and "vile" that even a mere
      `drop' of it had quite literally managed
      (and would
      eternally continue) to destroy the actual existence of
      all of the other blood-lineages found in their ancestry.

      [NOTE: More information on the racist,
      reeking, odious ODR is found below.]

      Again, the so-called "Light Skinned Black" people
      are simply
       `Multi-Generational Multiracially-Mixed'
      (MGM-Mixed) / `Mixed-Race' people who happened
      to have been from families that BOTH BECAME
      (AND CONTINUALLY-REMAINED) Mixed-Race
      THROUGHOUT their multiple generations.

      [PLEASE NOTE that THIS IS NOT stating or implying
      that
       having a LIGHT-Complexioned SKIN tone
      IS THE `ONLY' (OR even a `REQUIRED') PROOF

      of any person being OF MIXED-RACE LINEAGE

      It's simply stating that the person's Light-complexioned
      skin coloring
       and tone is quite clearly an UNDENIABLE
      physical PROOF of the FACT
       that their family's Ancestral
      Lineage has been `CONTINUALLY' racially Admixed
      `THROUGHOUT' the GENERATIONS
       (from the very first
      occurrence of "racial" admixing up to their very present
      generation of such – ex. Griffe marries Metis, etc.).

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      THE KEY to actually being a `Multi-Generational
      Multiracially-Mixed' (MGM-Mixed) Mixed-Race
      individual
      IS ONE'S LINEAGE-CONTINUITY!!

      In order to be
       of the Mixed-Race 'type' that is
      known as `Multi-Generational Multiracially-Mixed'
      or `
      MGM-Mixed' --- one's ancestry MUST have
      BOTH BECOME & REMAINED (at least
       25%)
      racially-admixed THROUGHOUT all of their
      family generations
       -- starting with the

      very first occurrence of admixture
      up unto their present generation!

      [Simply having 1 or 2 "ancient-ancestors
      who are said to have been of some
      "other race"
      and that are allegedly
      found "somewhere-down-the-line"

      (ex. a great-grand whatever of another
      "race") -- DOES NOT -- make anyone
      MGM-Mixed^
      (or else nearly everyone
      found on the planet could then (falsely)
      claim that they are MGM-Mixed ^).
      (^Multi-Generational Multiracially-Mixed)]

      Being `Multi-Generational Multiracially-Mixed'
      or
      'MGM-Mixed'  REQUIRES that
       a person's
      lineage has a "CONTINUITY-of-Admixture".

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      A NOTE ON …. The Racist
      `One-Drop' Rule (ODR):

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      The 'One-Drop' Rule (ODR) --- [which is the false
      teaching that
       'any amount' (even one, tiny, minute
      `drop') of
      Black ancestral lineage would make any
      a person who is of a Mixed-Race lineage "full Black"]
      --- is
      quite simply nothing more than racism.

      The racist, reeking, odious ODR was created during
      the antebellum / chattel-slavery era
       of the continental
      U.S.
      by racial-supremacists in order to get people to
      believe
       the false racist myth that the so-called White
      "race" was "pure" … and to also
      falsely look upon
      the Black "racial" admixture
       (even the slightest
      amount – down to one mere `drop') that was found
      within a Mixed-Race person's ancestral lineage --
      as being a vile "taint" that was so very `filthy'
      and `contaminated' that it literally "destroyed"
      every single `drop' of non-Black blood that
      was found in the persons' ancestral lineage.

      To embrace the 'One-Drop Rule' … is the
      equivalent
       of BOTH embracing "racism"
      and
       also embracing the false and racist
      teaching that
       a Mixed-Race person's
      Black ancestral lineage is "tainted".

      My advice is that
      a non-Racist should *not*
      embrace
       the concept of the 'One-Drop Rule'
      -- as "Black blood" is *not* "tainted" -- and
      should never be perceived or embraced
      as being so
      (not even in the name
      of so-called "pride" and "unity"
      ).

      The racist 'One Drop Rule' (ODR) is an offense to
      the pride of people who are of a full-Black lineage
      and to people who of a Mixed-Race lineage
      that
      includes a part-Black ancestry as well --
       and this
      FACT is also why
      it is not a 'unifying' force at
       all
      -- but rather,
      it is a racist attack on their heritages.

      In addition, legally-speaking – any attempted
      forcible
       application of the racist 'One-Drop Rule'
      (ODR)
       -- against any individual or group -- was
      ruled
       as UN-constitutional (i.e. made `illegal')
      by the
       United States Supreme Court in 1967
      via the case of 'Loving vs. The State of Virginia'
      .

      [Through the 'Loving vs. Virginia' case, the U.S.
      Supreme Court, ruled against both all of the laws
      banning Interracial marriage -- and -- also ruled
      that any so-called law which forcibly applied the
      'One Drop Rule' -- was racist, discriminatory,
      illegal, unconstitutional, and non-enforcible.

      That decision (`The "Loving" Decision' or `The "Loving"
      Case) struck down the racist `VA Racial Integrity Act'
      (VRIA) and every `Anti-Miscegenation Law' (AML) found
      in the  U.S.  — AS WELL  AS the racist, `One-Drop Rule'
      (ODR) on which both the VRIA & the AMLs were based!]

      So … essentially … there has been no legal
      application of the racist "ONE-DROP RULE'
      (ODR) found within the  U.S.  SINCE 1967
      .

      [i.e. The stench of the reeking, racist, odious ODR
      (which openly-mocked, cruelly-degraded and also
      falsely-accused one's black-bloodlines of being a
      `contaminated taint' that destroyed the existence
      of any and all of one's other / non-black bloodlines)
      -- along with it's biased application and racist
      terminologies
       -- has
      legally been `cleared from
      the air' of the U.S. since way back in 1967.
      ]

      Thus, again, there is NO SUCH THING as
      a "Light-Skinned Black" person
      (as these
      individuals are quite simply `Multi-Generational
      Multiracially-Mixed (MGM-Mixed)' Mixed-Race
      people who are from families that have
      been CONTINUALLY racially-admixed
      THROUGHOUT their generations).

      For more information on this topic,
      please feel to contact me via email
      and / or to visit the websites below.

      — APGifts, Founder / Moderator
      (Generation-Mixed; MGM-Mixed
      and FGM-Mixed `Yahoo!Groups')
      © All Rights Reserved
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/generation-mixed
      email: soaptalk@...

      Related links:

    • Chibi
      Message 2 of 30 , Dec 1, 2011
        It is a very funny thing I've always wondered really...the "white race"... is there really a way to define it? Does that just mean that as long as your skin is white, you are pure? My daughter's skin is white, is she pure, even though she is mixed?

        It baffles me. Most white people were already mixed anyway. European people did not all speak one language, hold one culture, or act in any
        particular way that was uniform. In fact, back in earlier times, people of the same or close skin color in Europe fought one another for land, for the mere fact that they hated or despised one's culture or viewpoints, for women, for EVERYTHING, much like other races did as well. These people were able to overcome their ways and mix among each other without as much complaint. A white American is a mixture of a lot of things usually. Most will cite at least two types of European lineage they have when they tell you in detail what they come from. My husband looks as white as you can come (lol), but most would be surprised to find that he is half Irish, and half Cherokee Indian.

        His biological father is all Cheerokee, or at least that is as much of him as we can identify. My husbands eyes are a stark blue, but his hair a a bit thicker on his head, and as far as body hair, he lacks a lot of it except for his legs. (no chest or back hair, most Indians did not have very much body hair.)But hes as pale as can be as well. No one notices that he is not fully white, which is horrendously ironic. Of course, I suppose his mixture is not as big of a deal as say, someone who was black and white. Most white people will just write him off as white too, and they'd think he was a part of that "pure race" with his bright blue eyes. If that is done today, imagine what mistakes other white people before might have made, or the secrets they might try to hide about their lineage...

        Me on the other hand, I am mostly African American, with a Korean Great grandmother, Cheerokee and black great grandfather, and from there most of my other family members are black, however we did also incoorperate some Hispanic, other Koreans, Chinese, and more American Indian relatives. I myself however am a mixture of races. Most people will tell me that I look like I'm something more than black, but my features are mostly black. I would, upon first glance, be written off as just black by most people, although a few times many people will tell me I look mixed (I can't quite figure out how though, lol). Fact is, even though I'm a mixture like my husband, and even though more people can tell it about me than my husband, I am "tainted" I suppose? Not that I too much care honestly about such a ridiculous thing, I try to embrace all of my cultures equally, just so happens I have been around more of my African American relatives than the others.

        It's sick and a waste of time really to focus on race so heavily. You'd think people would get over it already. Especially here in the south, where white people who want to be supremacists and egotists, and look down upon Hispanic and Black races mostly with disdain and disgust, ARE at some point, mixed. They have black people in their family somewhere...whether or not it was wanted, planned, or whatever they are there somewhere. And knowing that they probably do, even if it wasn't told to them, they shouldn't behave the way they do about it. It's as if they're in denial...maybe it would be different if they didn't claim they were pure raced...but to me that is denial. Our country still has a hell of a way to go when it comes to race...seems like other countries are so much more accepting, ironically, of it and we're the melting pot! I just hope for my daughter's sake there will be a major change in attitude about all of this.

        --- In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,

[...]

        are simply `Multi-Generational Multiracially-Mixed'
[...]

        a "Light-Skinned Black" person (as these
        individuals are quite simply `Multi-Generational
        Multiracially-Mixed (MGM-Mixed)' Mixed-Race
        people who are from families that have
        been CONTINUALLY racially-admixed
        THROUGHOUT their generations).

        For more information on this topic,
        please feel to contact me via email
        and / or to visit the websites below.

        — APGifts, Founder / Moderator
        (Generation-Mixed; MGM-Mixed
        and FGM-Mixed `Yahoo!Groups')
        © All Rights Reserved
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/generation-mixed
        email: <mailto:soaptalk@...>
        soaptalk (at) hotmail (dot) com
        <mailto:soaptalk@...>

        Related links:

        .
      • Connie Ware-Berg
        Message 3 of 30 , Dec 1, 2011
          First I would like to say Please look into your history!!!!! Depending on where a person was born and lived had a lot to do with the skin tone color of the person. Today there are very few people in the world now that is pure blood any thing. Most of us are all a mixture of two or more.
          Second I would like to say that I am Irish, German, Indian (Several Tribes) on mother and fathers side (family history only so far), and African American, and I am Very Proud of All of my heritage and ancesters!! They are all what helped me to be me.
          Third I would like to say when I was growing up (and I still am) :) I was raised to like or dis like a person for the person and not for their skin tone color. I will be that way until the day the Creator says my days here on earth are done and it is time to go with him.
          Fourth If any one is interested they can look on the net for Mary (Molly) Welsh (Walsh) Bannaker. Benjamin Bannaker was her grandson. And Mary Welsh was my 8th generation gr-gr-mother. I have what I say is a very colorful history of ancesters and
          I am proud of all of them.
          Fifth I have my fathers side of the family back into the early 1700's, mothers side back to the late 1600's and my fathers mother's side back to the late 1700's if any one is interested you can contact me maybe we could be cousins who knows??
          Thank you for your time. Connie

          Message 4 of 30 , Dec 3, 2011
            This is very interesting to me. And I like your way of thinking that you seem to know who and what you are and I commend you for this. And I thank you for being in the military and serving to help keep us all free. It makes me sad to know that this is still going on today and I mean no dis-respect but I feel people need to check out our history and learn to grow up. We all in some way or another have had many hardships through out life. But I feel that we can make a difference if only one person at a time to change some things at least.  Now to look at my skin tone color I am very light for my father german and mother irish but then all of the rest of my colorful ancesters on mother's and father's side back to Molly Welsh and Benjamin Bannaker. I was born with two inches of pure black hair. Blue eyes, but of course I am very blonde now. :) I am 63. For my gr-gr-mother Cummings was listed in several census's as: B, W, M, and I. Now I do know quite a bit of her heritage back to the late 1600's but I can not find where and when she passed. In Mi I am quite sure. Go figure I guess? By the way we are neighbors so to speak. I was born and raised in Mi. If you are interested you can check out the site of:
            By the way you say your one ancestor goes back to Thomas Jefferson check out Benjamin Bannaker.
            He wrote a letter to Jefferson I will see if I can find the site for you if interested.
            Blessings to you and yours, Connie

            From: "Connie Ware-Berg" <connie.wareberg@...>
            To: "Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com"
            <Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: [Generation-Mixed]
            Re: There is no such thing as a "light-skinned Black"