Come mentor at FUSION Camp!

  • Jacqueline Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2011

      Fusion

      Are you a...

      Dancer?  A musician?  A poet?
      An actor?  A comedian?
      A crafter?
      An artist?  A cook?
      An athlete?
      A film maker?
      A martial artist?

      If you have a skill and a passion for mentoring young people, come teach at FUSION Camp

      as a volunteer!

      What is FUSION Camp?

      FUSION is a summer day camp open to youth of all heritages, ages 7-12, with a particular focus on the mixed heritage and transracial adoptee experiences.FUSION also has a CIT program for 15-17 year olds.

      FUSIONEERS explore identity through visual and performing arts, and participate in activities such as martial arts, cooking, and outdoor sports.  The experiences of being mixed heritage and/or transracially adopted are also expressed through daily discussions and projects, which are facilitated by our dynamic trained staff, who are themselves, mixed heritage and/or transracially adopted.

      If you would like to be a community mentor and can teach a workshop...

      We ask that you commit to

      2-3 times a week for both weeks,

      for a total of 6-10 hours

      over the course of the camp.

      We are more than willing to do what we can to accommodate

      your schedule.

      This is a volunteer position!

      I can't volunteer,

      but I'd like to help...
      We welcome secure, tax deductible donations on our website,

      www.fusionprogram.org
      and we gratefully accept in-kind donations.

      Please see our wishlist for details!

      When is FUSION?

      July 25th- August 5th  2011

      Program hours are

      9 AM - 4 PM each day

      for 2 weeks

      Monday- Friday

      Where is FUSION?

      FUSION is located at Redwood Day School,

      3245 Sheffield Avenue, Oakland, CA 94602

      How do I get in touch?

      Please contact

      Joemy Ito-Gates

      Founder & Director

      with any questions!

      joemy@...

      510.414.8686

      Become a fan on facebook!

      Find us on Facebook

      FUSION WISHLIST

      10 Flip Cameras

      10 Digital Cameras

      Tempera paint

      Paint brushes

      Assortment of art paper

      Sports equipment

      New white t-shirts

      New or gently used games

      Contact us if you would like to donate any items!

      info@...

      510.414.8686

      Please pass this email along to other community members who might be interested in being

      a mentor at FUSION Camp!

      THANK YOU

      FUSION / P.O. Box 11811 / Berkeley, California 94712 / 510-414-8686
      This email was sent to jacqueline_miller1176@... by info@... |
      FUSION Camp, a program of iPride | P.O. Box 11811 | Berkeley | CA | 94712