Re: Check All That Apply -- significantly discounted copies availabl

  • rosanna_armendariz
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2010
      Amen to that! It is so good to see a person of faith getting their books published by the major presses. From what I've experienced it seems many persons associated with the literary world are atheist or agnostic and tend to see the rest of us as ignorant fools, ruled by "superstition."

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      Sundee Frazier <sundeefrazier@...> wrote:

      Great questions!

      It appears that B&N still has some copies of my book in stock. They
      sell it for $14.40. I'm selling for $6 each, which includes shipping.

      As for my faith perspective, I believe God is love. I believe God
      showed us his love most profoundly in the person of Jesus. There are
      many amazing things about Jesus, but one of the coolest things for us
      mixed people is that Jesus can relate perfectly to the "both/and"
      experience (a phrase I use for the biracial experience), having been
      both God and human. The author of the New Testament book, Matthew,
      also goes out of his way to include Jesus' Gentile ancestors in his
      genealogy (not to mention women, but that's another topic) -- putting
      Jesus' mixed blood in the faces of the first readers, who would have
      been Jewish and, for the most part, against mixing. Jesus also
      elevated the status of mixed-race people by casting a Samaritan (a
      mixed Jew-Gentile person) as the hero in his famous Good Samaritan
      parable.

      I go into all of these things in greater depth, as well as talk about
      plenty of "faith-neutral" topics, in my book.

      Thanks for your interest,
      Sundee

      Sundee Frazier
      www.sundeefrazier.com

      The Other Half of My Heart (Delacorte/Random House 2010)
      * "Funny and deeply affecting . . . An outstanding
      achievement." (Kirkus Reviews, starred)
      * "A novel with a great deal of heart indeed . . ." (Booklist, starred)

      Brendan Buckley's Universe and Everything in It (Delacorte/Random
      House 2007) Winner, Coretta Scott King/John Steptoe New Talent Award American Librarian Association)