Re: Check All That Apply -- significantly discounted copies available from author

  • ashley smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2010

      Interesting! Can I get a copy from Barnes and Noble?

      What is your faith perspective?

      --- On Thu, 9/2/10, Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com <Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      1.
      Check All That Apply -- significantly discounted copies available fr From: Sundee

      Message

      1.

      Check All That Apply -- significantly discounted copies available fr

      Posted by: "Sundee" sundeefrazier@...   sundeefrazier

      Wed Sep 1, 2010 10:42 am (PDT)

      Dear G-M friends,

      I recently acquired the final copies of my nonfiction book, Check All That Apply: Finding Wholeness as a Multiracial Person, from my publisher (InterVarsity Press). I'm making them available to my multiracial networks and friends for over 65% off cover price.

      Some of you may already know about the book. For others, this will serve as an introduction. To write Check All That Apply, I interviewed scores of mixed race people from many different backgrounds, as well as drew from my own personal experiences. The book is the only one I know of of its kind--a book written to encourage and provide guidance to multiracial people on a range of issues unique to our experience. A book to promote healing--for mixed race people and for our world. I write from the perspective of my faith, but worked very hard to do so in an informative, down-to-earth, inclusive way, so that no matter a person's faith background, something can be gained from the content.

      I'm selling the books for $5 each (plus $1 shipping). Free shipping on orders of five copies or more. The book would be great for groups--questions at the end of each chapter prompt reflection and discussion on issues ranging from identity choices to physical appearance, dating and marriage, finding our purpose, accepting our mixed race selves, and more.

      If you're interested in purchasing copies, or finding out more about the book, please contact me. You can also read more about the book (including an excerpt) on my web site: http://www.sundeefr azier.com/ check.php. I'll accept personal checks or you can pay through PayPal if you have an account.

      Again, after these copies are gone, there will be no more available from the publisher. Of course, I'll also be happy to personalize them with my signature.

      Thank you for your interest. Wishing you all the best,
      Sundee