USCB & ODR

  • ashley smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2010
      What is ODR?

      The quote you gave from the 1910 census is very interesting.  It was before Indians gained citizenship.  In 1910 American Indians were not even US citizens and so they were counted on the 'roll' or they were counted as White or Black so as to include them as Americans. This is part of the continuing 'genocide' in that the ones that did not get outright killed were just denied existence as indigenous people. The reason is because indigenous people have special rights as indigenous, so if we are counted as White or Black instead of indigenous then those rights are abnegated.

      But we are here! Even as mixed and loyal to the indigenous heritage! And we will stand tall.

      Do you know what the expression is 'to cut off your nose in spite of your face'?  The American Indian heritage is mainly what made this country great and distinct from the "Old Country' across the sea, and if the immigrants (yes, those from across an ocean) want to forget, deny and squash the 'nose' of American then it is to their own loss.