Census 2010

  • rosanna_armendariz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2010
      I thought I'd share this article I came across on the blended people website: http://blendedpeopleamerica.com/component/content/article/50-featured/92-census-2010.html

      It discusses the importance of us mixed folks being counted in the upcoming census. We will have the option of writing in our ethnic background rather than being forced to check off a single box. I hope mixed people all over the United States will opt for this write-in option. In truth, if all the mixed people did, America would be forced to acknowledge that MOST people have mixed backgrounds.
    • connie.wareberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 23, 2010
        I found this info very interesting. I hope that the area they give us to write our ethnic background has enough room. (Smile)With my mother and fathers line I have: Irish, Dutch, German, Celtic, Welsh, Indian (several tribes) and African American and there could be more. I tell people I am me, like me for me or dislike me for me. For that is the way that I was raised. Connie

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 23, 2010
          Hi, Connie. Welcome to the group.

          As to the census, if there's not enough room,
          we may simply write in "Mixed." Have a good one :)