Reminder: Loving Day Concert this Friday 10/16 in NYC!

  • lovingdayproject
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2009
      Join us for an evening of top musical talent, international food, drinks, and multicultural community at Drom, an East Village lounge known for a warm atmosphere and diverse music.

      Featuring:

      BROADWAY IN SOUTH AFRICA
      Featuring cast members from Wicked, The Lion King, Rent, and more! This is a rare opportunity to see top Broadway talent in an intimate venue. We saw these guys at Symphony Space and they blew us away! Broadway in South Africa aims to develop a cross-cultural exchange between youth who are in need and artists who seek to use their talents for change.
      http://www.broadwayinsouthafrica.org/

      KOBA
      Koba is an inventive, irreverent and unrepentantly radical hip-hop vocalist/producer from Harlem, New York - and an active member of the multicultural community. Koba has shared the stage with world famous talent like Talib Kweli, Slum Village, Dead Prez, Last Emperor, Immortal Technique, Vernon Reid, and X-Ecutioners.
      http://www.kobasounds.com/

      THE MANHATTAN CAMERATA
      Pedro da Silva plays a dozen instruments and performed on the soundtrack of Oscar winner Michel Gondry's "Be Kind, Rewind." Lucia Caruso has received important awards in several international piano competitions. Together, they form an innovative, imaginative orchestra that blends sounds from around the world while combining the modern and the traditional.
      http://www.manhattancamerata.com

      Venue:

      Drom has an eclectic wine list with wines from expressive vineyards from all over the world, as well as a full bar. Want to eat while you're there? Drom serves delicious small and large plates from several countries including Spain, Italy, Turkey and India.

      Where:
      Drom Lounge and Restaurant
      85 Avenue A (between 5th and 6th streets)
      New York, NY 10009
      http://www.dromnyc.com/

      When:
      Friday, October 16th 2009
      7:00-10:00pm

      Cover:
      $10 suggested donation
      ($8 with RSVP to events_nyc@...)

      Please invite your friends and share this event with everyone you know!
      http://www.lovingday.org/events-all-year/loving-day-benefit-concert-2009

      Thanks very much, and we look forward to seeing you there!
    • brep91@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16, 2009

        My initial plan is to go. I was wondering if anyone else is planning to be there

        From: "lovingdayproject" <groups@...>
        Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 01:30:35 -0000
        To: <Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [Generation-Mixed] Reminder: Loving Day Concert this Friday 10/16 in NYC!