Re: 'Leo Felton' -- A Mixed-Race Racist / Racial Supremacist

  • rosanna_armendariz
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 11, 2009
      I agree. As it so happens, I know about this from personal experience. I have an adopted brother from whom I'm estranged due to his drug addiction and criminal lifestyle. He is mixed-race (as am I, and my parents, which is part of the reason he was placed w/my family-- the misguided idea of keeping children with "their own kind."), and he has been incarcerated several times over the years. From what I understand he has had to go to great lengths to survive the racially polarized prison environment, including faking suicide attempts and symptoms of psychosis in order to be removed from the general population. The last time he was in prison my mother said that he'd joined a White group. I don't know if by this she meant White supremacist, but i wouldn't be surprised. I'm sure he'd do whatever it takes to stay alive.

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      "meticreole2" <kahlilc@...> wrote:

      Very much so a "lose-lose" sitch..

      "rosanna_armendariz" <rosanna_armendariz@> wrote:

      Thank you for sharing this unfortunate story regarding Leo Felton, an individual obviously suffering from extreme self-hatred. It seems that his mother messed him up when he was a kid. And then when he ended up in prison, that really sent him over the edge. Like I said, prison is a very racially polarized environment and every inmate has to get w/a group for protection. So I can see how a white-looking mixed-race man might end up w/the aryans and then brainwash himself into believing their dogma. Very sad.