Re: r.e. Very Interesting!!!!!

  • Rosanna
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 8, 2009
      Thank you so much, Ricky! Well, there you have it folks--straight from the horse's mouth! The man's been working for the census for 20 yrs, so he should know what he's talking about. I hope everybody remembers this when they get their forms in the mail.

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      Ricky Turner <redcat2242@...> wrote:

      Hi Folks,

          New to the group. Just want to co-sign on this thought. I have been a census researcher for the last 20 years. The ONLY way mixed people will be recognized is through the census. This was a right that was completely taken away from us in 1920. Now it is back and we must Stand Up and be recognized. For researchers it is the only way to know who, what and where are mixed people. It is also important as a way of studying the quality of life of mixed race people--as you should all know that it is better to be mixed in some cities than in others! OK, enough ranting. Me? I have roots on both sides from tri-racial (English, Native, African) peoples in Virginia and North Carolina with German and Cuban thrown in.

      Ricky Turner