Re: Very interesting!!!!!

  • Rosanna
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
      I hope so. And I think part of creating a world like that involves more multiethnic individuals acknowledging the diversity of their background! In my opinion, it's unfortunate that right now in the US only a minority of persons from a mixed background identify as mixed/multiethnic/mulicultural/multiracial. Most pick one part of their heritage and identify soley w/that, which is why there are many more mixed persons than official #s indicate. I hope this continues to change w/each census-- hopefully more people will acknowledge their diverse background.

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      "Heather" <heather21230@...> wrote:

      I absolutely agree with you, Rosanna! That is why I posted it... because, I thought we would all gain something from it. I, too, have about the same complexion as Heather (and, my name is Heather, too;), and most people I come across think I'm ONLY caucasian. It's upsetting sometimes, but that's the way it is in this world. Hopefully, by educating others we will be able to create a world in which all multiracial individuals can feel accepted and appreciated... no matter how different we may look.

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      "Rosanna" <rosanna_armendariz@> wrote:

      Yes, very interesting. Most of us probably would not think
      of Heather Locklear as being mixed --- she looks so Anglo!
      Just goes to show you that looks really
      have little to do with heritage
      -- A point I've been making for years.

      http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/secret/famous/locklear.html