Multiethnic Study

  • multiethnic77
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2009
      Hi All,

      I'm a multiethnic doctoral student investigating the effects of multiethnicity (identifying as more than ethnicity) on perceived ethnic discrimination (feeling as if one has been ethnically discriminated against). Questionnaires for the study are currently online in English and Spanish, and may be taken anonymously by any adult. If you or anyone you know would like to participate in this endeavor, feel free to access and/or forward the study links below. Thank you for reading!

      Respectfully,

      James Eron Taylor

      A brief description of the study and questionnaires are located in the following links:

      English Version

      http://alliant.qualtrics.com/SE?SID=SV_b90f4ix6NoU6t2A&SVID=Prod

      Spanish Version

      http://alliant.qualtrics.com/SE?SID=SV_3luZgrqNIOpfdNW&SVID=Prod
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19, 2009
        Interesting study...

        It seems there is just as much confusion as "perceived discrimination".

        1) Most forms that ask you to identify race include only one box per race
        2) If you check more than one box, often your answer is "invalid" or the computer/system will not accept it

        Now if you insist on being identified as multi-ethnic, the person will usually get confused, insist you check only one box, or just shrug as say "I don't care".

        Which is interesting bc if they don't care, and you can check ANY box, then what does race really mean?

        Good luck on your study :)

        Lynn
      • James Taylor
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 20, 2009
          Thank you Lynn. I appreciate your support.

          James