Poem - Forgiveness

  • pierre jefferson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6 10:25 AM
                            Forgiveness

      Nobody's perfect
      for the lives that we live,

      Yet most human beings
      find it hard to forgive,

      Hard to forgive others
      that brought tears to our eyes,

      Especially the betrayals that came
      with with the deception of lies,

      Lies that can bring distrust
      no matter how hard you try to forgive,

      For this person has violated your kindness
      and the values by which you live,

      Taking your sunshine and returning it
      with dark clouds full of rain.

      Feeding off your joy and laughter that
      could be a mask to your misery and pain,

      If you're a loving person
      this pain can be greater than you can stand,

      Standing over your fallen enemy
      and reaching out a helping hand,

      Reaching out to them could be
      a brand new start,

      But this may never happen
      without the love God in your Heart,

      The love of God can see pass betrayal
      and heal your tormented soul,

      Because when you forgive those who hurt you
      you plant new seeds that can make you whole,

      Make you see the power of love and
      bring new hope and blessings your way,

      So take the time to clear your mind
      and forgive someone today.