Poem - The same Handful of clay

  • pierre jefferson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2009

                 The same Handful of clay size

      There was a little black boy with
      a broad nose and full lips and he
      asked God, 'Why did you make me this way,

      Why did you make my hair woolly and
      my skin black as the darkest clay?',

      God said, 'I gave you a broad nose
      because your ancestors came from
      a hot humid place,

      It was to also help you
      breath in the hot desert air and
      it had nothing to do with "race".

      Your full lips were
      to help hold moisture
      against the drying desert sand,

      And your woolly hair was like
      a protective blanket from the sun
      for this your scalp might not stand,

      For all the places I placed people
      is the reason why they look
      the way they do today,

      Just because some may
      compare themselves to others
      should not take their beauty away,

      For the beauty of the night
      is no more beautiful
      than the day,

      And I also made your skin black
      to help keep the harmful
      rays of the sun away,

      These things came from My universal love
      that dwells deep inside My heart,

      For there is no one "race" better than another
      for they all play a special part,

      I now hope you see that you are 'special' --
      but no more 'special' than all the other "races"
      that exist in the world today,

      Let this bring greater understanding to your question
      for the answer shall never change nor go away,

      For all My children look just like Me and
      came from the same Hand full of clay.

      Pierre Andre, 2009 ©
      All Rights Reserved
    • Heather
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2009
        Very nice, and good for young children;)

        The same Handful of clay