Re: R.E. Keyshia Cole

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11 1:25 PM

      No -- not at all Heather, LOL. :D

      In fact --  I think you are one of the most 'sane'  ; )
      (& clearly very intelligent) people that I have ever met.

      The only reason that I noted the 'clarification' was
      because I wasn't sure if the way it was presented
      in the posting was very clear (on first glance).

      Have a great day,

      -- AP

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      "Heather" <heather21230@...> wrote:

      Re: R.E. Keyshia Cole

      I meant to type DAD=0 You must think I'm crazy by now;)
      I get it! I only really knew about Frankie, so not too sure about
      everyone else. It is sad what she went through, though, growing up.
      I'm all too familiar with the adoption aspect of it, too.
      I'm an adoptee, and being such... you already have identity
      issues, and it's just that much worse when you grow up
      in a dysfunctional/or unstable family environment.
      She seems like she's been through her share of bad, but
      ... she is a very strong, talented and intelligent woman.
      She's definitely my role model;)

      In Generation-Mixed@...,

      Actually -- it is Keyshia Cole's biological-dad /
      birth-dad (now deceased) who was Caucasian.

      Her adoptive-mother is named, Yvonne Cole, and
      her biological/birth mother is named 'Frankie Lons'
      -- and both her adoptive & birth mothers are Black.

      Thanks for commenting :D

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      "Heather" <heather21230@> wrote:

      Talk about SHOCKED=0 I did not know that Keyshia was adopted
      OR that her biological mother is caucasian=0 I know, when
      I used to watch her show (cannot recall the name?), Frankie
      (who they always referred to as her mother), Keyshia's sister
      (I believe) and Keyshia went to [visit] a prison for women
      (I think that's what it was), to talk about Keyshia's life
      and some of the problems she's had. She did say Frankie was
      hooked on drugs real bad and Keyshia couldn't be around her.
      I thought, maybe, she was with a relative or something.

      I, too, was adopted... abandoned a few days after birth,
      and put up for adoption when I was 6, or so, months old.
      I stayed with a so-called friend of my biological
      mothers the entire time. I was told later, by my adoptive
      mother, that the "friend" wanted to adopt me but didn't
      think they could afford it (they had other children).
      When I was in my early 20's, I searched for and found
      (with the help of a dear relative / attorney who handled my
      adoption)my biological mother and various, other bio. relatives.
      I, too, found out my b. mother was / still is mentally
      unstable (severely so) and has been in and out
      of abusive relationships her whole live.
      So... I can totally understand what Keyshia and her sibling/s
      must've gone through. Those scars last many, many years.

      I love her and her music so much, anyway. What she's been
      through just makes me respect and like her even more=

    • anatashaj26