Poem - Ask God

  • pierre jefferson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2009
                      Ask GOD

      God saw a interracial couple
      kneeling down to pray,

      He stopped everything He was doing
      to hear what they had to say,

      They asked him with tears
      streaming down their face,

      If it was a sin or violation in His eyes
      to love another race,

      If it was wrong to hold another hand
      that was covered in a different skin,

      O dear God please tell us how to travel
      on a road that we have never been,

      Then God took a deep breath
      and began to tell them how He felt,

      He said if the sun was the same as a snow flake
      then the snow capped mountains could never melt,

      If the trees were the same as the river
      then their roots could never bind,

      Just wandering leaves and branches
      is all that you would find,

      If the rain drop was the same as a cloud
      then its life giving moisture could never fall,

      If the earth was the same as it's gravity
      then it's crushing force would be the end of you all,

      When I created human beings I just
      placed them all into a different space,

      For if you truly look at their basic characteristics
      you'll see that there's no such thing as race,

      There is no such thing as difference
      for all things begin and end with Me,

      When you both look into each others eyes
      its My creative power that you see,

      Then the interracial couple thanked God
      and felt a joy they had never known,

      And celebrated their love like never before
      with all the beautiful images that God had shown.

      Yes every thing is different
      yet there is really no difference at all,

      Just a different line to speak with your Creator
      who is waiting to hear your call.

      Pierre Andre, 2009 ©
      All Rights Reserved

    • Heather

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3 3:06 PM
          Reply - Thankyou Heather for your comment! Yes God certainly
          doesn't place one race over another or favors one race more than
          another. I feel race doesnt concern Him because the character
          and soul of a person is His main concern. Sadly many people
          use the Bible to jusify their bigotry concerning certain races -
          even to dehumanizing them. Yes if we lived by Gods standards Now!
          we all could be together in a beautifully Righteous conditions,
          letting people see that most of our problems begin with us and
          live inside of us and no where else. Racism depends on fear and
          ignorance to stay alive.

          Pierre