Re: fw Poem - 'Passing Away'

  • Pierre
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 29, 2009
      Thank you La Cayenna

      For your compliments about my poetry, please forgive me I got you and Heather mixed up in my last reply! but totally appreciate you
      both and everyone else who commented on my poetry. Please forgive my
      error in replying but I am still under a great deal of emotional
      stress regarding my mothers recent passing. Thankyou again very much.

      Peace be with you

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      Cheylenna PJ <la_cayena@...> wrote:

      I was just thinking the same thing. Pierre, so many of your poems read like they could be in greeting cards if there were such categories in the greeting card business. Of course your writing expands further than that categorization, but as it is a talent you are blessed with, you should also be using it as best you can.

      It's nice that you are able to honor your mother with such a beautiful poem. She lived a long life. I'm sorry you had to say goodbye to her physcial presence this year.

      BePeace

      From: Heather <heather21230@...>
      Subject: [Generation-Mixed] Re: fw Poem - 'Passing Away'
      To: Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, June 29, 2009, 10:52 AM

      Again... AMAZING! I hope this is your profession (writing), because you do it so well=) I am in the loooong process of making it my sole profession, but I don't know that I hold a candle to you/your work;) Great job=) Heather

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      pierre jefferson <pierrejefferson200 7@...> wrote:

      Passing away

      O Family members and loved ones
      I beg you not to weep

      For the greatest gift of all is
      the passing in your sleep,

      Closing your eyes in slumber
      like you've done day after day,

      But this time the closing of your eyes
      will take your soul away,

      Taken by your Creator
      back into His loving Grace,

      This sweet and loving transformation
      may leave a smile upon your face,

      For this is proof that my mother
      has found her rightful dwelling place,

      Yes it appears that she's sleeping
      because she has found her amazing Grace.

      ```````````` ````````` ````````` ````````` ````````` `````````

      In Memory of my mother -- Dr. Emily V. Jefferson (1919 - 2009)

      All rights Reserved, Pierre Andre 2009 ©
    • Pierre
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 29, 2009
        Reply> Thank you so much Heather for your comment regarding the
        poem writen by me in memory of her passing. And yes you must
        make writing stories and poetry your sole proffession! just open up
        your cosmic eye and allow your self to see the words` there are billions of words floating all around us waiting to be reborn.

        Thankyou so much.

        Pierre

[...]

        ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

        In Memory of my mother -- Dr. Emily V. Jefferson (1919 - 2009)

        All rights Reserved, Pierre Andre 2009 ©
      • Heather
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
          Pierre,

          You are very welcome! So, that is why your poem (Passing Away) was so heartfelt and in-depth... because it was for your mother, and because it came from the deepest place in your heart. What a blessed tribute=) I'm sure, your mother would be very proud;) My father was killed in '99, and I can sympathize with how you must have felt/must feel. For the first 2 or 3 years after my father's death, I couldn't even bring myself to look at a tractor (he was killed while driving a tractor). Every time I caught a glimpse of one, I'd have a panic attack. My dad and I were very close, so it's been rough. I know that place, within your heart, where you gained the strength to write that. Very nice;)

          In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com, "Pierre" <pierrejefferson2007@...> wrote:

          Reply>

          Thank you so much Heather for your compliment about
          my poem Passing Away in memory of my mother. Yes she was such
          a great part of my life): it was a gift to have her so long
          in my life I am thankful for the 89 years God gave her.
          But her physical body had to sleep away but her soul still
          lives on. Yes it would be wonderful to have most of my poems
          presented on greeeting cards ..etc. But the reward of having
          them touch others emotionally on this forum in some way means
          allot to me. Especially the enterracial poems because there are
          still so many stories out there yet untold regarding interracial
          couples and relationships.

          Love and Peace to you to.

          Pierre

          From: Heather <heather21230@>
          To: Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Monday, June 29, 2009, 10:52 AM

[...]

          ```````````` ````````` ````````` ````````` ````````` ````````` ```````

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
            Out there in the cosmos somewhere, huh, lol?;) Just kidding.
            I know exactly what you mean. It's funny, because creative writing
            is just something that comes to me. It doesn't matter where I'm at,
            what I'm doing... when I get an idea, I better write it down or
            write about it=) It's definitely my passion, and always has been;)

            In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
            "Pierre" <pierrejefferson2007@...> wrote:

            Reply>

            Thank you so much Heather for your comment regarding the poem written
            by me in memory of her passing. And yes you must make writing stories
            and poetry your sole profession! just open up your cosmic eye