fw Poem - 'Passing Away'

  • pierre jefferson
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 28, 2009
                         Passing Away

      O Family members and loved ones
      I beg you not to weep

      For the greatest gift of all is
      the passing in your sleep,

      Closing your eyes in slumber
      like you've done day after day,

      But this time the closing of your eyes
      will take your soul away,

      Taken by your Creator
      back into His loving Grace,

      This sweet and loving transformation
      may leave a smile upon your face,

      For this is proof that my mother
      has found her rightful dwelling place,

      Yes it appears that she's sleeping
      because she has found her amazing Grace.

      `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

      In Memory of my mother, Dr. Emily V. Jefferson (1919 - 2009)

      Pierre Andre 2009 �, All rights Reserved

    • Heather
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 29, 2009
        Again... AMAZING! I hope this is your profession (writing), because you do it so well=) I am in the loooong process of making it my sole profession, but I don't know that I hold a candle to you/your work;) Great job=) Heather

        In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
        pierre jefferson <pierrejefferson2007@...> wrote:

        Passing away

        O Family members and loved ones
        I beg you not to weep

        For the greatest gift of all is
        the passing in your sleep,

        Closing your eyes in slumber
        like you've done day after day,

        But this time the closing of your eyes
        will take your soul away,

        Taken by your Creator
        back into His loving Grace,

        This sweet and loving transformation
        may leave a smile upon your face,

        For this is proof that my mother
        has found her rightful dwelling place,

        Yes it appears that she's sleeping
        because she has found her amazing Grace.

        ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

        In Memory of my mother -- Dr. Emily V. Jefferson (1919 - 2009)

        All rights Reserved, Pierre Andre 2009 ©
      • Cheylenna PJ
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 29, 2009
          I was just thinking the same thing. Pierre, so many of your poems read like they could be in greeting cards if there were such categories in the greeting card business. Of course your writing expands further than that categorization, but as it is a talent you are blessed with, you should also be using it as best you can.

          It's nice that you are able to honor your mother with such a beautiful poem. She lived a long life. I'm sorry you had to say goodbye to her physcial presence this year.

          BePeace

[...]

          ```````````` ````````` ````````` ````````` ````````` ````````` ````````` ````

          In Memory of my mother -- Dr. Emily V. Jefferson (1919 - 2009)

          All rights Reserved, Pierre Andre 2009 ©
        • Pierre
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 29, 2009
            Reply>

            Thank you so much Heather for your compliment about
            my poem Passing Away in memory of my mother. Yes she was such
            a great part of my life): it was a gift to have her so long
            in my life I am thankful for the 89 years God gave her.
            But her physical body had to sleep away but her soul still
            lives on. Yes it would be wonderful to have most of my poems
            presented on greeeting cards ..etc. But the reward of having
            them touch others emotionally on this forum in some way means
            allot to me. Especially the enterracial poems because there are
            still so many stories out there yet untold regarding interracial
            couples and relationships.

            Love and Peace to you to.

            Pierre

            From: Heather <heather21230@...>
            To: Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Monday, June 29, 2009, 10:52 AM

[...]

            ```````````` ````````` ````````` ````````` ````````` ````````` ```````

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 29, 2009
              Thank you La Cayenna

              For your compliments about my poetry, please forgive me I got you and Heather mixed up in my last reply! but totally appreciate you
              both and everyone else who commented on my poetry. Please forgive my
              error in replying but I am still under a great deal of emotional
              stress regarding my mothers recent passing. Thankyou again very much.

              Peace be with you

              From: Heather <heather21230@...>
              To: Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Monday, June 29, 2009, 10:52 AM

[...]

              ```````````` ````````` ````````` ````````` ````````` `````````

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 29, 2009
                Reply> Thank you so much Heather for your comment regarding the
                poem writen by me in memory of her passing. And yes you must
                make writing stories and poetry your sole proffession! just open up
                your cosmic eye and allow your self to see the words` there are billions of words floating all around us waiting to be reborn.

                Thankyou so much.

                Pierre

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
                    Out there in the cosmos somewhere, huh, lol?;) Just kidding.
                    I know exactly what you mean. It's funny, because creative writing
                    is just something that comes to me. It doesn't matter where I'm at,
                    what I'm doing... when I get an idea, I better write it down or
                    write about it=) It's definitely my passion, and always has been;)

                    In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
                    "Pierre" <pierrejefferson2007@...> wrote:

                    Reply>

                    Thank you so much Heather for your comment regarding the poem written
                    by me in memory of her passing. And yes you must make writing stories
                    and poetry your sole profession! just open up your cosmic eye