Re: Good Morning

    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
      Actually Jeff -- I think that a group designed for
      "multi-racial socializing" (whether for dating or
      general events) sounds like a pretty cool idea!! :D

      Maybe you could consider even initiating such
      a group and seeing how it goes -- as I think
      that many mixed-people (including those who
      are members here) might be very interested. : )

      (The only thing is ... that it would probably take
      a lot of time to handle the moderating in order to
      prevent trollers and other such troublemakers from
      purposely trying to post offensive material, etc.).

      Just a thought. :D

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      j s <creolescience@y...> wrote:

      You know, if you guys keep mentioning your mixes
      and the male/female ratio continues we'll need
      to start a sister group for mixed dating. ;)

      Hmmm - now that I mention it....

      --- Almond Eyez <cocoalatte91@y...> wrote:

      I'm mixed vietnamese and black.
      And I do get questioned in fact just last week someone
      asked me if I was mixed and I said yea why?
      They say I have 'those asian eyes'.

      *sigh, I've heard how being mixed in Europe "
      is not a big deal" and I wish Americans
      could have the same concept.

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,

      "sudoangel2000" <sudoangel2000@y...> wrote:

      To everyone :)

      I had a question for everyone:

      Do you find you have to explain yourself still in 2005?

      Meaning, I still find I have to run down the lineage
      For people although nine times out of ten they
      have already made up their minds before hand lol

      This came to mind because I went to Paris in April
      and I found the people refreshingly accepting.
      Maybe this is a US thing.

      What do you think?
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
        I can see plenty of potential headches there, but it
        does sound appealing. I could be the high yella
        Hefner.;P

        But seriously, I do generally prefer to date mixed
        women simply because I feel like I'd have more in
        common with them and they'd have a better
        understanding of who I am. I also feel like there is a
        greater openmindedness to other cultures, ideas and
        beliefs.

        Unless they've been brainwashed by the militant
        one-droppers.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
          Well ...let's see ... 'Jeff' does rhyme well with
          "Hef" ... so ... it could very well be a 'sign'. ;)

          Also - I understand what you are saying in
          regards to feeling somewhat more compatible
          with dating another 'multi'-racial individual
          rather than someone who is or considers
          themself to be a 'mono'-racial.

          Often those who are unfamilar with the
          whole idea of embracing your 'multi'-racial
          heritage mistakenly think that you are
          trying to deny or downplay one part of
          your lineage in favor of another rather
          than simply embracing all of who you are.

          Your idea of a social / dating group
          could offer an option for others who
          are interested in meeting people who
          understand their experiences and support
          their embracing of their full heritage.

          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
            Of course it could be like fishing off the company
            pier too ;)

            http://mail.yahoo.com