Re: LOVE ON THE LINE -- Please help me make it a success.

  • lauraparkercastoro
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2009
      Just want to thank all of you who are buying LOVE ON THE LINE
      and telling your friends about it. The numbers are beginning
      to climb! I couldn't have done it without you. THANK YOU!

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      "lauraparkercastoro" <lauraparkercastoro@...> wrote:

      I have been working really hard this last month, promoting my new book, LOVE ON THE LINE. For those of you who may not have heard, LOVE ON THE LINE is "...the brilliantly moving story of a multiracial daughter and her mother. It deals with the timeless issues surrounding race, family, sexuality, and self-sacrifice--all in the name of love."

      I believe that this is a turning point in our culture where, in part because of the election of President Obama, the public is openly interested in multi-ethnic families and people. If we want to see more stories about people like you, Generation Mixed, then we must pull together to support each other. THIS BOOK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME, PERSONALLY, AND I'M DOING EVERYTHING I CAN TO GET IT BEFORE THE PUBLIC.

      I'm getting some wonderful press, radio interviews and speaking engagements due to my press kit. I was even invited to NYC last week to make a promo video by my publisher for the next round of publicity surrounding LOVE ON THE LINE. I may also be doing a piece for NPR -- stay tuned for more on that in another post.

      However, SALES ARE VERY SLOW.

      So, I AM ASKING FOR YOUR HELP.

      For those you who have already bought a copy of LOVE ON THE LINE, thank you! If you haven't had a chance to buy a copy of LOVE ON THE LINE please do so next week. It will make a great birthday present, Mother's Day present, graduation gift, a thank you, or any kind of gift for a friend.

      And PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT LOVE ON THE LINE!

      You can purchase a copy here: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Love-on-the-Line/Laura-Castoro/e/9780061542763/?itm=1

      Or here: http://www.amazon.com/Love-Line-Laura-Castoro/dp/0061542768/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1237592468&sr=1-1

      And do come over and peep my new website/blog: www.lauracastoro.com

      I'd love to hear from you about my book, and the subject of the portrayal of generation mixed characters in general.

      Thanks.
      Laura Castoro