Amazing Performance in NYC with Q&A and After Party With The Artist!

  • lovingdayproject
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2009
      Named "Best solo show" by the Actor's Repertory, the play MIXED has
      been described as the first truly multi-cultural portrayal of
      Americans ever. Finally, here we have the narratives of those ignored
      by the U.S. Census for years; those who have fallen through the cracks
      of the political system; those who were once told by doctors that they
      might be born "degenerate" or "deformed". After centuries of
      misunderstanding, these stories make the audience understand what it
      is to belong to many cultures and, simultaneously, to none.

      When:
      Saturday, March 14, 2009

      The show starts at 8pm, and will be followed by a Q&A with Maya
      Please join us afterward for drinks with the artist at Stone Creek Lounge

      Where:
      Baruch Performing Arts Center
      Engelman Recital Hall
      25th St. (bet. 3rd and Lexington Aves.)

      Stone Creek Lounge
      140 E 27th St (bet. 3rd and Lexington Aves.)

      Tickets:
      We have group rate tickets for only $13 (usually $25).

      Click the link below to buy:
      http://lovingday.bigcartel.com/

      PLEASE NOTE:
      You must purchase by Wednesday, March 11th 2009 for this special group
      rate!

      Tickets purchased online will be waiting for you at the venue.

      Loving Day and the NY Mixed Race/Hapa Meetup are proud to be
      co-promoting this event.
      http://www.lovingday.org
      http://biracial.meetup.com/23/

      To learn more about the show, check out the following links:
      http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/bpac/
      http://www.mayalilly.com
    • Rosanna
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 2009
        Yes. And in my view, we continue to "fall through the cracks"
        and be ignored b/c the majority of mixed people choose to
        identify with only one aspect of their heritage and don't
        talk about, and sometimes don't even acknowledge being mixed.