Poem - Dr. Martin Luther King

  • pierre jefferson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 19, 2009

                              I Have a Dream

      Dr. Martin Luther King had a dream
      that he dared to dream each day,
      Bringing all the races together
      that no unkind word could chase away.

      That no injustice could weave its web
      around his precious goal,
      That began a mission that consumed his life
      and a purpose that fulfilled his soul.

      Bringing truth to the surface
      for all eyes to see,
      That no one has a right to deprive
      another of their dignity.

      To deprive another human being
      of their humanity and pride,
      For this Truth must ring true
      from every mountain side.

      No one can claim God's world
      and deny it to their brother.
      For we can never know the fruits of happiness
      by hating one another.
      We can never find comfort and Peace
      in hurting each other.

      By using race to separate and divide
      that will prevent some from scaling
      the height of the mountain side.

      Preventing us all from looking over
      to see the Promise Land,
      For we all will surely fall
      unless we hold each others hand.

      Like the steeple of that old church
      where song birds sing,
      Singing out the glorious Dream
      that began in the heart and soul
      of Dr. Martin Luther King.

      Pierre Andre, 2009 �
      All Rights Reserved
    • soul sis36
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2009
        Hi Pierre,

        Thanks for wrote the poem of DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. I will keep it. =)

        Respectfully yours,

        Capricia

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 22, 2009
          Hi Capricia, you are very welcomed! and I appreciate your
          comment regarding the Poem on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

          Thank you from Pierre

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 15, 2010
            Here is an amazing poem written by one of our brilliant
            Gen-Mixed community members (Pierre Andre) in honor
            of 'Martin Luther King Jr. Day' (a.k.a. 'Human Rights Day'):

[...]

            ORIGINALLY POSTED:
            Monday, January 19, 2009
            by  Pierre  (Jefferson) Andre
            <pierrejefferson2007@...>