Re: Just joined

  • john.cashin
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 9, 2009
      Thanks all, there are indeed many twists and ironies
      in being mixed race, including the fact that we
      challenge the very notion of "race" itself,
      I think that much of it has to do with the fact that
      many mono-racial people just simply don't know
      what to make of us and what to do with us,
      some think we should be classed as black,
      others think we should be White, some say we
      are just nothing but none of them can agree.

      We cause arguments amongst them (I know I have),
      we confuse them and we rock their world,
      it's not our fault, we don't do it on purpose,
      we know what we are and most of us are not confused,
      but there are lots (not all of course) of non-mixed
      race people, Black, White etc who ARE confused
      about us and this is where the problem really lays.

      Cheers

      JC

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      Denise Baker <bblueii@...> wrote:

      Hi John,

      Thank you for sharing your oh so very common story w/
      us ...i have a similar story w/different twists...but,
      we can delve into this topic much deeper soon enough...
      Welcome to the group...im sure we have much 2 chat about...

      Sincerely,

      Denise

      On 1/8/09 10:58 AM, "Danielle Hill" <gatadelafuente@...> wrote:

      Welcome to the group. What an inspiring story.

      Danielle Hill

      "I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard
      of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than
      to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence."
      ---Frederick Douglass
      Blog: http://gatadelafuentelibros.blogspot.com/
      Check out my books on Goodreads:
      http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1570669