Re: [Generation-Mixed] Re: Good Morning

  • Brittany Link
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
      well in america we are just now accepting that people can be mixed, before people we just clumped into being what the colored half was.

      Almond Eyez <cocoalatte91@...> wrote:
      I'm mixed vietnamese and black.
      And I do get questioned in fact just last week someone asked me if I
      was mixed and I said yea why?
      They say I have 'those asian eyes'.

      *sigh, I've heard how being mixed in Europe "is not a big deal" and I
      wish Americans could have the same concept.

      --- In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com, "sudoangel2000"

      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
        Actually Jeff -- I think that a group designed for
        "multi-racial socializing" (whether for dating or
        general events) sounds like a pretty cool idea!! :D

        Maybe you could consider even initiating such
        a group and seeing how it goes -- as I think
        that many mixed-people (including those who
        are members here) might be very interested. : )

        (The only thing is ... that it would probably take
        a lot of time to handle the moderating in order to
        prevent trollers and other such troublemakers from
        purposely trying to post offensive material, etc.).

        Just a thought. :D

        In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
        j s <creolescience@y...> wrote:

        You know, if you guys keep mentioning your mixes
        and the male/female ratio continues we'll need
        to start a sister group for mixed dating. ;)

        Hmmm - now that I mention it....

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
          I can see plenty of potential headches there, but it
          does sound appealing. I could be the high yella
          Hefner.;P

          But seriously, I do generally prefer to date mixed
          women simply because I feel like I'd have more in
          common with them and they'd have a better
          understanding of who I am. I also feel like there is a
          greater openmindedness to other cultures, ideas and
          beliefs.

          Unless they've been brainwashed by the militant
          one-droppers.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
            Well ...let's see ... 'Jeff' does rhyme well with
            "Hef" ... so ... it could very well be a 'sign'. ;)

            Also - I understand what you are saying in
            regards to feeling somewhat more compatible
            with dating another 'multi'-racial individual
            rather than someone who is or considers
            themself to be a 'mono'-racial.

            Often those who are unfamilar with the
            whole idea of embracing your 'multi'-racial
            heritage mistakenly think that you are
            trying to deny or downplay one part of
            your lineage in favor of another rather
            than simply embracing all of who you are.

            Your idea of a social / dating group
            could offer an option for others who
            are interested in meeting people who
            understand their experiences and support
            their embracing of their full heritage.

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
              Of course it could be like fishing off the company
              pier too ;)

              http://mail.yahoo.com