Recruitment for a study of mixed race people

  • crystalbedley
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2008
      As a biracial person myself, and after reading so many insightful
      comments posted for this group, it has become clear that
      there is a need for more research on mixed race identity.

      I am currently recruiting participants for
      what I hope will become my dissertation work.

      Below is the advertisement for this research. If you're interested
      in participating (and I hope many of you are) please read on . . .

      Are you the child of parents of different races?
      Are you 18-years-old or older?
      Do you live in the New York City / New Jersey / Philadelphia areas?
      Would you be interested in sharing your
      experiences being biracial / multiracial?

      If so, you may be interested in participating in a study
      exploring the formation of biracial and multiracial identities
      being conducted by Crystal Bedley, a graduate student at
      Rutgers University, working under the direction of Dr. Carr,
      Assistant Professor of Sociology at Rutgers University.
      Your participation would consist of one in-depth
      interview, which will take place at a public and
      convenient location (such as a coffee shop).

      Please respond by email to mixedraceproject@...
      for more information. Please also include your
      name and contact information in your response.

      Sincerely,

      Crystal Bedley
      Principle Investigator
    • Rosanna
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2008
        Well, it doesn't seem that I qualify.
        I live in far west Texas in the US/Mexico
        border region (although I grew up in NYC),
        and my parents are both Mixed themselves.

        Hence, I consider myself Multiracial, not Biracial.

        Nevertheless, if you think you can use me I'd
        be happy to do the interview over the phone (if
        you're willing to telephone me at my residence).
        Feel free to contact me at some later date.

        Ciao.