Still Need Help!

  • biracialadoptionresearch.2009
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2008
      Hi again,

      My name is Robert Kim and I really need your guys help in a research
      study I am conducting. This study is to help understand issues in
      being raised as a biological child, an adopted or a step-child. It
      explores the impact of these on a relationships, psychological well
      being, stages of development, and ethnic identity. The result should
      help facilitate the discussion further our understanding of the impact
      of adoption. The study consists of a set of surveys and instruments
      that takes about ½ hour to complete. Your participation is completely
      voluntary and your answers will remain anonymous.

      I have been working with Harvard professors to complete this study but
      I am still lacking many participants. The only eligibility for this
      study is to be adopted. I still need about 100 participants
      and it would be of great help if you could just take the time to fill
      this out. In addition, all results from this study will be sent to you
      if requested. Likewise, if anyone would like a copy of the finished
      results, please send an email to the address provided below. I will of
      course send you the article as soon as it is finished.

      To continue to the surveys please click on the following link. The
      study will begin automatically:
      Please click below to begin the survey:

      http://www.surveymonkey.com/ParentAndPeerAttachment

      Going to these sites is your consent to be part of the study. You may
      withdraw at any time for any reason.

      My Best,

      Robert Kim
      Guest Researcher and collaborator with
      Patrice M. Miller
      Department of Psychology
      Salem State College
      234 Huron Avenue
      Cambridge, MA 02138-1328

      Telephone (914) 826-5237
      Rkim253@...

      Michael Lamport Commons, Ph.D.
      Assistant Clinical Professor
      Department of Psychiatry
      Harvard Medical School
      Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
      234 Huron Avenue
      Cambridge, MA 02138-1328

      Telephone (617) 497-5270
      Facsimile (617) 491-5270
      Cellular (617) 320 - 0896
      Commons@...
    • Rosanna
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
        Hi, Robert.

        Just letting you know I forwarded the below message to someone
        whom I believe would be a could candidate for the research.
        However, I have no idea whether he'll be interested.
        From what I've seen, there appears to be a lot of
        pain and denial associated w/the topic of adoption,
        and many adoptees don't want to deal w/it.

        In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,