Re: Something New- Movie

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20 5:48 AM

      Everything you said in your review
      -- I also agree with 100%, Rosanna !  :)

      "Something New" is a really great film -- is not at all exploitive
      and it makes a nice statement  that's quite a change from the
      average interracial romance-themed film one expects to see!  =D>

      In
      Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      "Rosanna" <rosanna_armendariz@...> wrote:

      I recently rented the romantic comedy, "Something New", and
      enjoyed it a lot.  The plot focuses on a 30-something professional
      African-American  woman who unexpectedely finds herself falling
      in love with a white landscaper.  I thought it was refreshing to see
      something about a
      black woman going outside "her race," b/c
      we are always bombarded w/the opposite--
      black men dating
      and marrying women of other "races."  And unlike some of
      those depictions, I didn't find this movie exploitative at all.
      Here's a link: http://www.somethingnewmovie.net/sn-splash.html