Something New- Movie

  • Rosanna
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2008
      I recently rented the romantic comedy, "Something New," and enjoyed it
      a lot. The plot focuses on a 30-something professional African-
      American woman who unexpectedely finds herself falling in love with a
      white landscaper. I thought it was refreshing to see something about a
      black woman going outside "her race," b/c we are always bombarded w/the
      opposite--black men dating and marrying women of other "races." And
      unlike some of those depictions, I didn't find this movie exploitative
      at all. Here's a link: http://www.somethingnewmovie.net/sn-splash.html
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 20, 2008

        Everything you said in your review
        -- I also agree with 100%, Rosanna !  :)

        "Something New" is a really great film -- is not at all exploitive
        and it makes a nice statement  that's quite a change from the
        average interracial romance-themed film one expects to see!  =D>

        In
        Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,