Panel Discussion on Obama and Race at NYU

  • lovingday_dot_org
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2008
      What's race got to do with it?
      A Panel Discussion About Obama, Race, and Politics

      No doubt about it -- the 2008 presidential race
      has, and will continue to be, a heated one.
      As an American man of Mixed-Race heritage, Barack Obama's
      candidacy has brought race to the forefront of the debate.
      The national media brought our nation's racial tensions
      into sharp focus, and Barack Obama himself has pushed
      the nation into thinking more deeply about how
      identity and race play out in the national dialogue.

      Join us as we explore these issues and more.

      Panelists from various perspectives and communities will be sparking
      a dynamic discussion on what race really has to do with it.

      When:
      Monday, April 21st from 7-9pm

      Where:
      NYU School of Law, Vanderbilt Hall room VH210 (2nd floor)
      40 Washington Square Park South (between MacDougal and Sullivan)

      Cost:
      FREE

      RSVP by Saturday, April 19th:
      events_nyc@...

      Sponsored By:

      Loving Day (http://www.lovingday.org)
      Swirl NYC (http://www.swirlinc.org)
      MuLSA (Multiracial Law Students Association at NYU)
      Asian/Pacific/American Institute at NYU