Re: [Generation-Mixed] Re: Good Morning

    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
      You know, if you guys keep mentioning your mixes and
      the male/female ratio continues we'll need to start a
      sister group for mixed dating. ;)

      Hmmm - now that I mention it....

      --- Almond Eyez <cocoalatte91@...> wrote:

      > I'm mixed vietnamese and black.
      > And I do get questioned in fact just last week
      > someone asked me if I
      > was mixed and I said yea why?
      > They say I have 'those asian eyes'.
      >
      > *sigh, I've heard how being mixed in Europe "is not
      > a big deal" and I
      > wish Americans could have the same concept.
      >

      > --- In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      > "sudoangel2000"
      > <sudoangel2000@y...> wrote:
      > > To everyone :)
      > >
      > > I had a question for everyone:
      > >
      > > Do you find you have to explain yourself still in
      > 2005? Meaning, I
      > > still find I have to run down the lineage for
      > people although nine
      > > times out of ten they have already made up their
      > minds before hand lol
      > >
      > > This came to mind because I went to Paris in April
      > and I found the
      > > people refreshingly accepting. Maybe this is a US
      > thing.
      > >
      > > What do you think?

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Brittany Link
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
        well in america we are just now accepting that people can be mixed, before people we just clumped into being what the colored half was.

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
          Actually Jeff -- I think that a group designed for
          "multi-racial socializing" (whether for dating or
          general events) sounds like a pretty cool idea!! :D

          Maybe you could consider even initiating such
          a group and seeing how it goes -- as I think
          that many mixed-people (including those who
          are members here) might be very interested. : )

          (The only thing is ... that it would probably take
          a lot of time to handle the moderating in order to
          prevent trollers and other such troublemakers from
          purposely trying to post offensive material, etc.).

          Just a thought. :D

          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
            I can see plenty of potential headches there, but it
            does sound appealing. I could be the high yella
            Hefner.;P

            But seriously, I do generally prefer to date mixed
            women simply because I feel like I'd have more in
            common with them and they'd have a better
            understanding of who I am. I also feel like there is a
            greater openmindedness to other cultures, ideas and
            beliefs.

            Unless they've been brainwashed by the militant
            one-droppers.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
              Well ...let's see ... 'Jeff' does rhyme well with
              "Hef" ... so ... it could very well be a 'sign'. ;)

              Also - I understand what you are saying in
              regards to feeling somewhat more compatible
              with dating another 'multi'-racial individual
              rather than someone who is or considers
              themself to be a 'mono'-racial.

              Often those who are unfamilar with the
              whole idea of embracing your 'multi'-racial
              heritage mistakenly think that you are
              trying to deny or downplay one part of
              your lineage in favor of another rather
              than simply embracing all of who you are.

              Your idea of a social / dating group
              could offer an option for others who
              are interested in meeting people who
              understand their experiences and support
              their embracing of their full heritage.

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
                Of course it could be like fishing off the company
                pier too ;)

                http://mail.yahoo.com