Re: Trying to Find the Multi-Racial Box ??

  • Lindz
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7 10:52 AM
      I thought the education department was now
      required to say 'check all that apply?'
      Not that they follow it, but if they want
      to get picky,say you're following the law.
      I have definitely seen an increase over the years, and
      if it does say check one, I ignore it and check all.

      Actually, when I was younger, someone did a survey of some after
      school group I was with that had races listed and then a blank
      to fill in the number of people in the group that fit each race.
      We had nine people there but it added up to ten.
      I have no idea why...

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com, "Rosanna"
      <rosanna_armendariz@...> wrote:

      Yes, happily I too have noticed that more forms these days
      have a check all that apply option or a multiracial
      category, but there are still many that do not, and
      many institutions which require us to "pick one."
      I find this ridiculous since so many Americans are
      multiracial/multicultural; however, society has
      yet to fully wrap its brain around this fact.