Re: A new baby and newly published works

  • Rosanna
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2008
      Thanks much for your support, Soaptalk. And thanks to
      everyone at Gen-Mixed who has given me encouraging words.
      This is a challenging time for me, physically,
      emotionally, and financially, so I'm glad to be
      able to find some comfort in a group like this.
      God bless you all.

      Rosanna -- Congratulations !!! [:)]

      This is fantastic news !!! [;;)]

      First we find out that you and your husband are
      about to have your first baby and now your talents
      are being displayed in your newest published works !!! [=D>]

      Congratulations again !!!

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com> ,
      "Rosanna" <rosanna_armendariz@> wrote:

      I just learned that the teeny tiny press that
      published my chapbook has finally put up a website.

      Scroll down until you see "Brooklyn Smoker."

      You may also want to check out "White and Wong," by Thaddeus
      Rutkowski. He's 1/2 White, 1/2 Asian, and writes about that.

      http://www.boneworldpublishing.com/muscleheadpress.htm
      <http://www.boneworldpublishing.com/muscleheadpress.htm>

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com> ,
      "Rosanna" <rosanna_armendariz@> wrote:

      Hello, fellow Gen-Mixers!

      My flash fiction piece, "The Third Reader," has been
      included in the latest installment of Fringe Magazine.

      The theme of this issue is "ethnos" and the authors hail
      from a variety of ethnic and cultural backgrounds.

      http://www.fringemagazine.org/Index.html
      <http://www.fringemagazine.org/Index.html>

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com> ,
      "Rosanna" <rosanna_armendariz@> wrote:

      ... I am preganant w/my first child ...

      I'll be receiving prenatal care from my obgyn who I've been w/for
      years (used to see her for my annual prior to becoming pregnant),
      and it's funny but last week when I went in the nurse kept looking
      at my chart and then looking at me and scratching her head.
      Finally she said, "You're almost 35 and this is
      your first pregnancy." I nodded. She replied,
      "Oh, I just wanted to make sure we had that right."
      What a hoot!..
    • soul sis36

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 7, 2008
          Congrats Rosanna!

          Grin* I have heard that a baby will recognize the mother's voice, even while in the womb. And when the mother plays music, the baby will prefer that to any other music. So I have a feeling your baby will come out pretty enlightened! Maybe even with a pen in hand :o Best wishes to you and your husband.

          Keep up the good work writing.

          Blessings, Lynn

        • Va Murimi